• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

YouTube Problems....

This is a discussion on YouTube Problems.... within the Motorola Xoom WiFi General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else is experiencing YouTube issues today? This morning whenever I would attempt to play any video I would get ...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

YouTube Problems....

Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else is experiencing YouTube issues today? This morning whenever I would attempt to play any video I would get a force close. System reboot didn't help and I tried clearing our the apps cache with no success either. This was at about 5am. It's now 8am, and I just tried again and it seems that the force closes have stopped, however it appears that the videos are having problems loading. I keep getting a network error, and I am 100% sure that my internet is up and running smooth as butter.

I have a wifi only Xoom, running ICS 4.0.3 stock (not rooted) Kernel version 2.6.39.4-fg03a679 android-build@apa28 #1 (whatever that might mean) and Build number IML77. I could of sworn that I was on ICS 4.0.2 and I don't remember updating recently (unless it automatically updated to 4.0.3 without my consent), though I could be mistaken, I might of been on 4.0.3 the whole time.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that this is just a blip and will go back to normal soon (hopefully), but I thought I would ask if anyone else is experiencing YouTube drama today? Hopefully it get's resolved, as I use YouTube quite a bit on my tablet... Oh, and my phone isn't have any issues at all (Galaxy Nexus running ICS 4.0.2 -- maybe that's where I got the 4.0.2 from, who knows).

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Rome, Italy. Up the road from the Vatican!
    Liked
    38 times
    Had a similar problem on XOOM with ICS EOS version 1.0.0. I ended up going to Settings - Apps - ALL - clicking on the YouTube app and then clearing the cache - clearing data and then force stopping the app.

When I reopened the app it had reset to the default settings where I had to log into the YouTube account. I logged in and all is now well.

Hope this helps? It seems you're not the only one!

Cheers,

Eric

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I was experiencing those same issues outlined in #1 today. Will try the solution from #2 to see if that will work, once I'm back in a WiFi zone. Note that the issue was with the YouTube app, not looking at YouTube through the browser. Running ICS 4.0.3, with EOS 1.0.0 as well. If #2 doesn't work, I'll reflash the GApps, see if that will do the trick.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    It was a YouTube problem. Had issues yesterday, all is well today!
    Team EOS 4 JB Nightly 191
    Reovery TWRP 2.4.4.0

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well the app doesn't force a close anymore, but it fails to open any YouTube clip. Have cleared all caches, and rebooted - still no joy. Any suggestions?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I think you tube is having issues still. I'm playing back but can not upload with the app and the browser. been kinda goofy for a few days on stock and all the roms.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    pdxgordon
    My problem is that when I start YouTube, go to account, then favorites, the first play is just fine; however if I try and replay or go to another of my favorites. I get no response. This happens over and over. Any suggestions?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I'm having a similar problem. I am still on a stock 4g original xoom and while on wifi i can't play any youtube. It just spins and eventually times out. Switch to 4g and it plays them fine. Not my network, they play fine on my phone, my tv and my laptop. It's definetly something to do with the xoom. This happens in browser and youtube application.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im having the same problem as pdxgordon anybody any idea whats happening?
    any help is much appreciated. Warren

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    oddly enough, I can play them in the flash browser. Dn't know what that browser does differently other than possibly using a different port.

Remove Ads

Ads