• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola XOOM MZ604

This is a discussion on Motorola XOOM MZ604 within the Motorola Xoom WiFi General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; Hi folks. Hello moderator staff.. I'm new here, and I have questions. I'm about to complete a purchase of Motorola XOOM MZ604 32GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Motorola XOOM MZ604

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Motorola XOOM MZ604

Hi folks. Hello moderator staff.. I'm new here, and I have questions.

I'm about to complete a purchase of Motorola XOOM MZ604 32GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in - Black

And I have questions. My main question - is this compatible with Android Market Place??
    Second question - Does this have all-time connection with it? (that is if it is)
    Third question - I have a 32 microSD with an adapter to a regular sized SD card, does this have memory expandability?

I'll have more questions for who ever gets back to me. Thank You
    Last edited by ilyabyk83; 12-24-2012 at 11:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Yes to 1 and 3. No to 2 it is WiFi only , no services provided data. Welcome to the site.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ilyabyk83 View Post
    Hi folks. Hello moderator staff.. I'm new here, and I have questions.

I'm about to complete a purchase of Motorola XOOM MZ604 32GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in - Black

And I have questions. My main question - is this compatible with Android Market Place??
    Second question - Does this have all-time connection with it? (that is if it is)
    Third question - I have a 32 microSD with an adapter to a regular sized SD card, does this have memory expandability?

I'll have more questions for who ever gets back to me. Thank You
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Johnny answered you questions correctly. If you want a Xoom, I'd buy the MZ604 over any of the others.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Johnny answered you questions correctly. If you want a Xoom, I'd buy the MZ604 over any of the others.

So unless I'll be connected to WIFI, no good apps will work?? Take Google Maps for instance; unless I'm in "hotspot" connected to the network, it won't function??

What ANDROID tablets have access with the net for FREE?? Like Amazon Kindle Fire; it can connect to Amazon Bookstore and you can buy and download any books... I want to get the same but with Anroid tablet. Is that possible? Thanx guys.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Hi and welcome.
    You need a connection to the Internet to connect to the playstore and download the app but it depends on the app itself as to whether you need to be online to use it once installed on the device.
    I have masses of apps installed which don't need a live connection for me to enjoy them.
    You can download the kindle app and access the book store, all free. I'm pretty sure the kindle fire still needs a live connection to access and download new books but once downloaded onto the device, kindle or xoom, you can access the books without connecting as they are stored in the memory.
    ggrant3876 likes this.

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    i have an always on connection (motorola Xoom 10.1" 64GB running ICS Verizon 4G LTE, no contract, $30/month @2GB data MZ602).

if that is what you need (all time, always connected), a wifi only device may not meet your needs- the option for MZ604 is to get a myfi hotspot from any wireless carrier, or get a Xoom with built in mobile connectivity that is not dependent on wifi.

if your in the US, look at the MZ600 (3g + wifi), or the MZ602(4g lte/3g + wifi), both can be set up with data prepaid no contract (no credit check/cancel anytime) for 1gb @$20/month, 2gb @$30, 5gb @$50, and 10gb @$80 /month

the MZ600/MZ602 currently sell for approx $200 on ebay/amazon. just like the Wifi only version MZ604, they use an external 32-64GB micro sdcard, connect to android marketplace, run ICS/Jellybean (they get jellybean update within next 90 days per Motorola), etc
    Last edited by rive; 12-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    No tablet gives free internet. The original kindle will give you free 3g in so far as you cab download books. The fire does not offer free 3g. You will have to pay to have the internet as it is with computers, laptops, smart phones, and all tablets
    cazza likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Referencing Google maps specifically, as long as your built in GPS works you will have GPS. Just not the satellite or fancy maps.
    That is how it is on my MZ604.
    Hope that helps.
    Xoom Wi-fi Stock
    32GB (+32GB Micro SD)
    JB 4.1.2 OTA

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Re: Motorola XOOM MZ604

Quote Originally Posted by ilyabyk83 View Post

So unless I'll be connected to WIFI, no good apps will work?? Take Google Maps for instance; unless I'm in "hotspot" connected to the network, it won't function??

What ANDROID tablets have access with the net for FREE?? Like Amazon Kindle Fire; it can connect to Amazon Bookstore and you can buy and download any books... I want to get the same but with Anroid tablet. Is that possible? Thanx guys.
    No one has all the time access to the internet for free. You either have a wireless (3g or 4g (lte)) plan, or you usr WiFi.. Which can be free, but you need to be near a hotspot.

A few early eReaders have free 3g data capability for buying and downloading books ONLY.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is there a 64gb mz604 xoom?

Is there a 64GB model of the MZ604 Xoom?
    I would be very grateful for a quick and accurate answer.
    Thnx and cheers :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads