• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

4G Xoom to WiFi only

This is a discussion on 4G Xoom to WiFi only within the Motorola Xoom WiFi General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; Hello, I don't know if this is already covered, but I have Verizon's 3G/4G Xoom (I didn't get the upgrade to 4G in time) and ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

4G Xoom to WiFi only

Hello, I don't know if this is already covered, but I have Verizon's 3G/4G Xoom (I didn't get the upgrade to 4G in time) and decided to cancel the service. I am using it on wifi only now. Is it now considered a wifi only Xoom as far as rooting the device is concerned or upgrading Android versions? Or will I still need to get the 4G version of any roots?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    If you never plan to use the 3g/4g of your device, you can flash wifi only ROMS and it will function just like a wifi only models. This is from my experience however, you may want to wait for a developer to confirm that. I've flashed every wifi only ROM on my 4g xoom at first because it's usually the first to roll out with the latest OS version.

Even if you flashed a wifi only version you can always flash back to a the 3g/4g version if you plan to use it someday.

but to answer your question in general, no it is not considered wifi only just because you don't use the service.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Xo0m3r View Post
    Hello, I don't know if this is already covered, but I have Verizon's 3G/4G Xoom (I didn't get the upgrade to 4G in time) and decided to cancel the service. I am using it on wifi only now. Is it now considered a wifi only Xoom as far as rooting the device is concerned or upgrading Android versions? Or will I still need to get the 4G version of any roots?
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. What Domunus has said but make a backup first in case you want to go back.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Remove Ads

Ads