• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can't Transfer Files to my Xoom Via USB

This is a discussion on Can't Transfer Files to my Xoom Via USB within the Motorola Xoom WiFi Tablet Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; So this has been a problem that's really starting to make me angry. I've been trying to transfer mp3 files that I've converted from youtube ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Can't Transfer Files to my Xoom Via USB

So this has been a problem that's really starting to make me angry. I've been trying to transfer mp3 files that I've converted from youtube videos into my music folder all day, and the copying files bar just stops and stays in the same place. I've tried waiting and everything. So after that I close the transferring files window and the xoom internal storage folder is unresponsive. So then I have to close out of it, unplug and plug my xoom back into my computer, and try copying files again. It'll work sometimes for like one or two files and that stop again. It's really random which is keeping me from finding out what the solution is. Last night, I could transfer 4 at a time and have no problem. I've tried putting the files in different folders, I've downloaded MotoHelper, and updated it and all the drivers to their latest version, and everything. And people have said that you can use google music to stream it from your google cloud. But the thing is, I only use music on my xoom for road trips and it's a wi-fi tablet and that would do no good. So yeah, if theres anyway I could fix this please tell me.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum

1) You may try this.
    - Uninstall all the drivers.
    - Download and run this cleaner for your PC : here
    - Once done, reboot your PC.
    - Reinstall moto driver : here and install Window media player (if you havent)
    - Use USB port from motherboard (Usually at the back of your PC)
    - Reboot your Xoom and give it a try.

2) Alternative, Transfer via Wifi.
    - AirDroid: here

Hope it works

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you very much for the help. I've been looking at more threads and I finally found the solution. If you plug the USB connector into one of the back ports on the computer case, it actually transfers, and much faster and easier at that.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpoon View Post
    So this has been a problem that's really starting to make me angry. I've been trying to transfer mp3 files that I've converted from youtube videos into my music folder all day, and the copying files bar just stops and stays in the same place. I've tried waiting and everything. So after that I close the transferring files window and the xoom internal storage folder is unresponsive. So then I have to close out of it, unplug and plug my xoom back into my computer, and try copying files again. It'll work sometimes for like one or two files and that stop again. It's really random which is keeping me from finding out what the solution is. Last night, I could transfer 4 at a time and have no problem. I've tried putting the files in different folders, I've downloaded MotoHelper, and updated it and all the drivers to their latest version, and everything. And people have said that you can use google music to stream it from your google cloud. But the thing is, I only use music on my xoom for road trips and it's a wi-fi tablet and that would do no good. So yeah, if theres anyway I could fix this please tell me.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Als you should make sure you have the latrest drivers downloaded and installed on your PC.
    http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...iver_5.5.0.exe

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    windows xp on my pc can see the folders on my xoom wifi but not the files within. what can i do.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoung1214 View Post
    windows xp on my pc can see the folders on my xoom wifi but not the files within. what can i do.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Make sure you've downloaded and installed the Motorola USB drivers on your PC.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Make sure you've downloaded and installed the Motorola USB drivers on your PC.
    thanks, I will do this,but i have another problem, i just had to wipe my pc and restore to xp service pack 2, i have no internet access, i need to somehow use my xoom wifi to move files to xoom so i can install service pack 3, then i can get wifi access again. i have mifi wifi. any ideas on how i can get something going so i can move some files to pc. if xoom cousl write to external sd card i could use that or a flash card maybe.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoung1214 View Post
    thanks, I will do this,but i have another problem, i just had to wipe my pc and restore to xp service pack 2, i have no internet access, i need to somehow use my xoom wifi to move files to xoom so i can install service pack 3, then i can get wifi access again. i have mifi wifi. any ideas on how i can get something going so i can move some files to pc. if xoom cousl write to external sd card i could use that or a flash card maybe.
    I believe you need root for reverse tethering.
    [Tool][Windows Only][Root] Android Reverse Tethering 2.30 - xda-developers
    I came across this, give it a look.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your help ggrant, hooking my mifi direct to pc worked.

Remove Ads

Ads