Newbie here Anyway, I bought a Xoom MZ604 from Hong Kong last year and everything was working fine until one day it asks for a password that I did not set (probably left it uncharged for too long?). I searched around and found out that there is currently no solution to this... I've tried flashing back to HWI69 with cache & userdata erased but it still asks for a password. So I decided to try and root the device but I couldn't get CWM to load from recovery. I've tried different CWMs (eos-recovery-r6, recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-wingray, recovery-rogue, recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm) but they all gave me the android with exclamation mark when entering Android Recovery. Below are the steps I performed:
1. Boot xoom to fastboot mode
2. From PC "fastboot oem unlock"
3. Reboot xoom to fastboot mode
4. From PC "fastboot flash recovery [recovery image file]"
5. Reboot xoom and select Android Recovery
6. Android Bot with Exclamation Mark
7. If I press Vol+ with Power button, the default Android Recovery menu will be displayed.
So does anyone know where I've went wrong?
p.s - my device does not have USB debugging enabled.