• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

xoom in endless reboot loop

This is a discussion on xoom in endless reboot loop within the Motorola Xoom WiFi Tablet Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; My Xoom is stuck in endless boot loop. I tried soft reboot several times (this helped before), same result-endless animation. If I do not want ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: xoom in endless reboot loop

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

xoom in endless reboot loop

My Xoom is stuck in endless boot loop. I tried soft reboot several times (this helped before), same result-endless animation. If I do not want to do factory reset yet, what are my options? How can I turn it off? It is not rooted,btw,has ICS.
    Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by janerozen View Post
    My Xoom is stuck in endless boot loop. I tried soft reboot several times (this helped before), same result-endless animation. If I do not want to do factory reset yet, what are my options? How can I turn it off? It is not rooted,btw,has ICS.
    Thanks in advance.
    I'd put on the charger and let it charge until the charge indicator turn green for at least 30 minutes and then try a soft reboot.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, it is on charger, i tried ,did not help...Power button itself does nothing, soft reboot ends in a loop again...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Thanks, it is on charger, i tried ,did not help...Power button itself does nothing, soft reboot ends in a loop again...
    Use these instruction to get to android recovery but don't do the factory data reset, just go to the option to clear cache and see if it will boot. You'll need to start like a soft reboot sincce you can't turn it off.
    1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.

2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)

3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up).

4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.

5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.

6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.

7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”

8. Tap Power hard key to select option.

9. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.

10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.

11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.

12. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I DO NOT want to end up doing factory reset, are there other options to stop this loop? To turn Xoom off at least? The sequence you suggested does not solve my problem.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    I DO NOT want to end up doing factory reset, are there other options to stop this loop? To turn Xoom off at least? The sequence you suggested does not solve my problem.
    Did you boot to recovery and clear the cache? That doesn't reset your Xoom. The only thing I know is a factory reset or reflash the stock images and in both cases you're going to have to start from scratch.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Did you boot to recovery and clear the cache? That doesn't reset your Xoom. The only thing I know is a factory reset or reflash the stock images and in both cases you're going to have to start from scratch.
    i did not have the option to clear cache. And in any case, I did not understand how it could help to resolve my problem.
    How come I can repeat soft reboot, but power button itself does not work? Is there any way to at least remove battery from Xoom?
    Everything is very upsetting.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    i did not have the option to clear cache. And in any case, I did not understand how it could help to resolve my problem.
    How come I can repeat soft reboot, but power button itself does not work? Is there any way to at least remove battery from Xoom?
    Everything is very upsetting.
    Not without opening it. If you have any warranty left it will void it too.
    Motorola Xoom Teardown - iFixit
    Motorola Xoom Teardown - Page 2 - iFixit

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    The only thing I know is a factory reset or reflash the stock images and in both cases you're going to have to start from scratch.
    Afaik in lots of Android devices. As grant commented is the only way to out from bootloop. Unless there is magical way that I miss.

So sorry to hear you stuck on bootloop.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you!
    No,I do not have warranty anymore.
    And unfortunately I do not have either tools or enough tech. knowledge to open Xoom and to remove battery myself... Who knew it would be so difficult, to stop this loop... It happened before, but soft reboot was always enough. Well, Xoom served its purpose for 1.5 years, time to get back to PC. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads