• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom not recognized in adb

This is a discussion on Xoom not recognized in adb within the Motorola Xoom WiFi Tablet Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; Ok, i've been through all the advise out there and I still can't get my xoom to go past the 'M' logo once restarted. I've ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom not recognized in adb

Ok, i've been through all the advise out there and I still can't get my xoom to go past the 'M' logo once restarted. I've done everything suggested by other forum threads and no luck. sits on logo till battery dead and then same thing when plugged in. tried different usb cords and still nothing. I was trying to root the first time and guess I screwed something up. I erased my sd card after I removed it and maybe thats the problem but I don't really know. Help

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    if usb debugging isnt enabled in settings, adb wont recognize xoom

try 'fastboot oem unlock'

your other option is to use fastboot and restore the retail build of xoom
    Xoom Software Downloads
    Last edited by rive; 01-16-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by rbdbsn View Post
    Ok, i've been through all the advise out there and I still can't get my xoom to go past the 'M' logo once restarted. I've done everything suggested by other forum threads and no luck. sits on logo till battery dead and then same thing when plugged in. tried different usb cords and still nothing. I was trying to root the first time and guess I screwed something up. I erased my sd card after I removed it and maybe thats the problem but I don't really know. Help
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Has your problem been resolves yet?

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't get into the xoom to check usb debugging. usb debuuging was on when it crashed

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    I can't get into the xoom to check usb debugging. usb debuuging was on when it crashed
    Usbdebugging doesn't need to be checked to do fastboot oem unlock, this will wipe your device and it still might not boot. Have you tried booting to windows and doing a factory data reset?
    1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.

2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)

3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up).

4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.

5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.

6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.

7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”

8. Tap Power hard key to select option.

9. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.

10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.

11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.

12. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.
    As you're going through the options don't do the factory data reset, look for wipe cache partition then follow the instructions to reboot.

You'll need to start off with a soft reboot since you can't turn your device off. Press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both. Before attempting this plug your xoom in and make sure the charge indicator has turned green.

LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have done everything that you have described and no luck. Just brings me back to the dual core screen. When I am in device manger it does see the xoom as a drive letter and an MTP usb device

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have also done the fastboot oem unlock and it does do it only to bring me back to the dual core screen. Losing my mind.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh ya, also the little android man has a "RED" triangle with the exclamation mark

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Oh ya, also the little android man has a "RED" triangle with the exclamation mark
    That's the stock recovery. Take a look at this thread.
    [HOW] To Flash SBF/RSD Method

LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem here. RSDlite doesn't see the Xoom so I cannot push the files to it. ok, finally got it back to stock!!!! Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by rbdbsn; 01-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Ads