• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help with xoom to Evo Tether

This is a discussion on Help with xoom to Evo Tether within the Motorola Xoom WiFi Tablet Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom WiFi Only Forum category; I know this has been discussed over and over but I do not understand still. I have a Xoom WiFi only and a unrooted Evo. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help with xoom to Evo Tether

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help with xoom to Evo Tether

I know this has been discussed over and over but I do not understand still. I have a Xoom WiFi only and a unrooted Evo. It is a company Evo so I don't really want to root it and have something go wrong. I have tried the usb tethering apps with no luck because of the Xoom not being windows or Mac os. Is there a way to use my Evo internet on my xoom without paying Sprint for their overpriced tethering. Also I have tried countless times to get them to connect via Blue tooth. They will pair but never connect. The only option I get when I want to connect then is rename the device or unpair. Any help is much appreciated. I have tried East Tether, Klink, and PDAnet.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    You have to pair the devices and the conect to the internet on the Xoom. Trying to conect them will not work after being paired. It has been a while since I have done this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After I pair them they will not connect it just says paired but not connected. I can use the wifi on the xoom fine when its available, but want to use the phone 3-4g service when wifi is not. How can I use the internet on the xoom if they wont connect. Sorry if I sound kinda dumb with this, it just should be much easier then it really is. I do not have either device rooted, do I have to root the evo to get anything to work? If so what is the safest and easiest way to root just so I get get the internet to work on the xoom with my evo?

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I don't know where you're looking, but $30 a month isn't close to overpriced for mobile broadband, especially on a network like Sprint's.

For my work Evo, I have HR deduct $15 per check to reimburse the company, and I enjoy mobile broadband everywhere. Talk to IT and see if they can set that up for you. Being the IT manager at the company I work for, it was relatively easy for me to get it done!

If you're dead set on stealing the mobile hotspot service, there are plenty of places to get information on rooting your phone, so Google around for that.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Its not the price so much as it is that I am already paying for the service via my plan along with an extra $10. per month fee just cause I have a 4 G phone so I feel like they are just trying to make more money they they should for this service. I would not mind paying $10-$15 a month more but $30 is too much for the little amount I will use it. I am just looking for some help rooting my EVO.

Another question for you, were you abe to get your xoom to connect via bluetooth to your EVO? I can not get them to connect after they pair.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I say root the EVO and use the unlimited data that you're already paying for. The EVO is extremely easy! Just my two cents.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    what is the easist way to do it? I need something simple and easy to use.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I understand your point of view, but from my point of view, either it's worth it to you, or it's not. Would I prefer to not pay a $30 monthly fee for something that I only use sporadically? You betcha. Am I willing to violate my company's agreement with Sprint to get around that fee? No way.

I haven't tried the bluetooth pairing method. From what I've read, it's a crapshoot as to whether it will work or not.

You can check this out to see if it's any help.
    chrisonline likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question

Hey, outinvegas, did you ever get this to work on your evo? I just bought the tab and I too really need this to work.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i finally got this to work. i have successfully tethered my xoom wifi to my htc evo via bluetooth and internet worjs at 3g and 4g speeds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads