• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bricks

This is a discussion on Bricks within the Motorola XYBoard Development forums, part of the Motorola XYBoard Forum category; Originally Posted by runandhide05 DO NOT FLASH THE SYSTEM.IMG!!! Even tho the other two will flash the stock system img will give u a failure ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bricks

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

MZ607 here

Quote Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
    DO NOT FLASH THE SYSTEM.IMG!!!
    Even tho the other two will flash the stock system img will give u a failure and cause a boot straight to fast boot with an error
    The only way to get back to normal working condition is to flash something.. something that. We already know will flash is stock recovery or boot img, which will get rid of the failure and allow u to boot back into the os
    I have the MZ 607 or rather the Xoom 2 ME and have soft bricked it to the extent it cannot be seen by ADB, will only show in RSD - I am not very advanced with cmd usage to be honest BUT I seem to think I must have done something wrong with the adb install as surely it would show up? However, before the flash failure, it showed up just fine as it was through adb trying to flash CWM that all this happened. Any help would be greatlt appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chipster69 View Post
    I have the MZ 607 or rather the Xoom 2 ME and have soft bricked it to the extent it cannot be seen by ADB, will only show in RSD - I am not very advanced with cmd usage to be honest BUT I seem to think I must have done something wrong with the adb install as surely it would show up? However, before the flash failure, it showed up just fine as it was through adb trying to flash CWM that all this happened. Any help would be greatlt appreciated.
    why would u try to flash something that is not for your device.

and I bet u did not make a backup of the stock recovery before u flashed it.

the flash failure means u flashed something that was not a moto signed file. you must flash a stock IMG of something, boot IMG or the recovery IMG but because odds r u did not make a backup, and there r no official fast boot files for your model...well there is not much u can do now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    the cwm i tried to flash said it was compatible i dont know what made you think that.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chipster69 View Post
    the cwm i tried to flash said it was compatible i dont know what made you think that.
    no it did not... read it again.

the only Xoom that is unlocked it the original Xoom.

the device is locked meaning you CAN NOT FLASH ANYTHING! ( that is not official and from Motorola) therefore I can guarantee you that flash something made for the OG xoom

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
    no it did not... read it again.

the only Xoom that is unlocked it the original Xoom.

the device is locked meaning you CAN NOT FLASH ANYTHING! ( that is not official and from Motorola) therefore I can guarantee you that flash something made for the OG xoom

Ok ok, so I screwed up, I'm the one with the bricked device so I dont think I need talking down to as well. We all have things we dont know enough about, thats why we seek help.
    A helpful reply would have been along the lines of, "looks like you didn't check compatibility right, nothing around officially from Motorola and that would be your only remedy. ,Might well be a call to support. Good luck! Hey we all make mistakes"
    DallasDave likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Motorola Zoom2 (mz617) bricked....?

Hey, I have the Zoom2 (mz617) from verizon-4G. It's my wifes tablet and has worked flawlessly until one time she goes to turn it on and it displays the Motorola symbol and then it goes away to a black screen where it will sit all day long. I tried the hard reset to no avail. I tried selecting recovery from the menu which again sits at a black screen until it displays the dead android laying on the ground.

I connected it to the laptop and installed adb/fastboot and RSD lite. RSD and adb/fastboot all show the device connected with serial number listed. However that's where I'm stuck, I can't find files for this ANYWHERE on the Internet(s) <--George Bush reference...lol.... I need the recovery image that I can push via fastboot, do you happen to have that? If so, could you pleeeeeeease post it for download? fastboot serial.JPG Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by HussX View Post
    How many people have bricked and which models do you have? Runandhide and myself have been playing with fastboot flash files and may be able to help. It's a work in progress, but it's been promising so far. If you have a model we don't, we can post a write up for others with your model to pull the files.

Sent from my XB10.1

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    https://firmware.center/firmware/Mot...T910%29/Stock/ or sbf.droid-developers.org some years ago

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Ads