• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My 2 Cents

This is a discussion on My 2 Cents within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I am a newbie to the forum and have had a XOOM since day one of the release. I really enjoy this device and it ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By DM3

Thread: My 2 Cents

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

My 2 Cents

I am a newbie to the forum and have had a XOOM since day one of the release. I really enjoy this device and it has plenty of competition in my house when it comes to gadgets. I have the new macbook air, a quadcore tower, a quadcore vaio I7, a windows ce net book, an I pad, a macmini which is simply a media hub for a television, an iPhone 4, Droid X, an iPod touch, 3 PS3s, 3 XBoxes, a Wii, Kinect, Playstation Move, a DS, a PSP and lets face it, I'm forgetting something or another...Gloating? Hardly..I don't know anyone on this forum personally and I would get nothing from bragging about materislistic things. The reason I am sharing is the reason for my first ever post...WHY AM I HOOKED ON THE XOOM? Given the toys I have, I'm asked over and over why I always have my XOOM with me. Lets be real, when u have that many gadgets, certain things can run their course very quickly and begin collecting dust. Its like my friends wanna know what sets it apart from everything else like the I pad 2 for instance. I always give the bare essentials of the major difference in android and IOS, discuss flash, open development, etc...But recently I was talking to my brother who bought the I pad 2 and he says to me, "u have to appreciate the new I pad 2? Why didn't u get it" I said of course ill get it when I have time...but for now I'm totally content with the XOOM. I told him something I hadn't said before that in my opinion, is very true for all of us tech junkies....kind of like an enlightening moment out of the blue..I told him I ENJOY THE XOOM BECAUSE OF THE CHALLENGE AND DIVERSITY IT BRINGS TO MY LIFE. LETS FACE IT, APPLE IS AWESOME AT WHAT THEY DO...BOOT UP A MAC AND BOOT UP A PC IN COMPARISON, ITS ALMOST LIKE THE MAC DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING HAPPENING IN THE BACKGROND WHILE THE PC IS SHOWING ALL KINDS OF REGISTRY ITEMS LOADING AND BUILDING. Well, take that to the tablet realm and whether we wanna admit it or not, the I pad runs like a champ right out the box. For me, its almost boring how concise the OS functions. I know that sounds crazy, but if u look at the alternative, a higher powered Xoom, I enjoy the challenge of bringing out the best in the honeycomb os. Plus, its already so much better compared to the other android tablets I've played with, which is why I have so much fun with it. I guess I'm trying to say that the few bugs and lmitations that the XOOM bring to the table, I get quite a charge waiting patiently for hulu plus apps to land or the 4g upgrade to happen because when something drops, its so fun to implement it. Going back to the beginning of this lengthy message, half of these challenges or experimentations just don't exist on ios because their platform is in a closed environment and frankly, they put out some amazing products. I just happen to be a person that doesn't have a prefernce between ios or android, microsoft or apple, etc..just trying to'enjoy this new world we've all created where something new is happening everyday and that is my 2 cents on why the XOOM is so appealing to me.
    johnny cizzle, wicked and kris like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Sounds good. Haha. The reason why I think the XOOM is so great is because its something new. I mean who doesn't love a new gadget.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    You have a great attitude.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    I know I've already welcomed you on another thread but welcome again and this post was refreshing to read. I like how you think my friend.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Welcome. Like most here, i like the ability to watch a device evolve. Apple makes great, trouble free products but there's no growth after you take it out of the box. The xoom has monster specs and trying to maximize them is the fun part.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Welcome. Like you stated its fun to watch a product grow and develop. The Xoom will only get better with time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    I hear ya!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    your house sounds like mine.. Welcome to the forums.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    thank u!

Remove Ads

Ads