• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello All

This is a discussion on Hello All within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi Everyone, I'm DG from India and just purchased a Xoom (WiFi Only - Android 3.2) from Australia about a month back. I love this ...

Thread: Hello All

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hello All

Hi Everyone,

I'm DG from India and just purchased a Xoom (WiFi Only - Android 3.2) from Australia about a month back. I love this device and is working awesome. I chose this over an ipad due to the enormous potential on Android OS.

The device is working great; however had a few questions in my mind which I was hoping someone could direct me to the right post.
    1. Does rooting the device really help? What are the Pros and Cons?
    2. I have a USB dongle (A huawei EC150) with me and wanted to check if there is any possibility of making it work with the Xoom. I tried connecting it with an OTG cable, but the light just keeps blinking.
    3. I do not have Mobile network options under settings, I guess that because this is a WiFi version. Is there a way to get those settings on my device?
    4. Also connecting an external Pen drive does not seem to work with the OTG cable.

I'm hoping someone could help me with the above queries.

Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year.

Cheers..!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by wildweasel9 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm DG from India and just purchased a Xoom (WiFi Only - Android 3.2) from Australia about a month back. I love this device and is working awesome. I chose this over an ipad due to the enormous potential on Android OS.

The device is working great; however had a few questions in my mind which I was hoping someone could direct me to the right post.
    1. Does rooting the device really help? What are the Pros and Cons?
    2. I have a USB dongle (A huawei EC150) with me and wanted to check if there is any possibility of making it work with the Xoom. I tried connecting it with an OTG cable, but the light just keeps blinking.
    3. I do not have Mobile network options under settings, I guess that because this is a WiFi version. Is there a way to get those settings on my device?
    4. Also connecting an external Pen drive does not seem to work with the OTG cable.

I'm hoping someone could help me with the above queries.

Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year.

Cheers..!
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.
    What is Rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Remove Ads

Ads