• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hung at M Screen, Xoom does not recognize SD Card

This is a discussion on Hung at M Screen, Xoom does not recognize SD Card within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi all, I was running the Team Tiamat rom on a unlocked Xoom, and encrypted the data for security. The encrypted Xoom worked for a ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hung at M Screen, Xoom does not recognize SD Card

Hi all,

I was running the Team Tiamat rom on a unlocked Xoom, and encrypted the data for security. The encrypted Xoom worked for a while, but began to boot into a limited log in screen (could only see a 3cm square in the middle, the rest was black). I could still log in. Then, I began to be able to log in, but the Xoom would hang on the little green gear android. I then tried booting into recovery and doing a factory reset. This seems to have worked, but the Xoom is not stuck at the M screen. When I tried to load the stock rom via SD card to just put the thing back to normal, the xoom would not recognize the SD card reader. I think I'm bricked, but I'm sure there must be some way to get the things back.

Oh, and I tried going into fastboot to load a ROM via the SDK, but the Xoom hung on the "preparing fastboot" screen and my Mac didn't recognize it. Is this just a matter of getting to a Windows machine with the right drivers?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by deoksu View Post
    Hi all,

I was running the Team Tiamat rom on a unlocked Xoom, and encrypted the data for security. The encrypted Xoom worked for a while, but began to boot into a limited log in screen (could only see a 3cm square in the middle, the rest was black). I could still log in. Then, I began to be able to log in, but the Xoom would hang on the little green gear android. I then tried booting into recovery and doing a factory reset. This seems to have worked, but the Xoom is not stuck at the M screen. When I tried to load the stock rom via SD card to just put the thing back to normal, the xoom would not recognize the SD card reader. I think I'm bricked, but I'm sure there must be some way to get the things back.

Oh, and I tried going into fastboot to load a ROM via the SDK, but the Xoom hung on the "preparing fastboot" screen and my Mac didn't recognize it. Is this just a matter of getting to a Windows machine with the right drivers?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Make sure the Xoom has charged 30 minutes past when the charge indicator turns green and then try a soft reboot, press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both. If that doesn't help reboot to recovery and wipe your cache partition and the davlik cache and reboot. You do have a soft brick and it's fixable, keep us informed.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Remove Ads

Ads