• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Posting from my new Wi-Fi Xoom :-)

This is a discussion on Posting from my new Wi-Fi Xoom :-) within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Made the decision to pick up a wifi only Xoom this morning. I ended up buying it a Staples since Best Buy claimed that they ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Posting from my new Wi-Fi Xoom :-)

Made the decision to pick up a wifi only Xoom this morning. I ended up buying it a Staples since Best Buy claimed that they didn't have any in stock. So far I am loving my new toy although I think my net book is jealous since it is likely I won't be using it much anymore.

Are there any tips or tricks I should be aware of as a new honeycomb user (I am an android phone user)?

-Sneaky

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    i am replying to u from my 4 hour old wi-fi xoom. congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    Congrats on the purchase

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Me too me too! Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. This thing is so much fun to use. I can't wait til more aps get optimized for the xoom.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got it about 3 hours ago. Made one post on another forum and decided I didnt like the keypad. I might end up paying for that thumb pad app. But until then my XOOM is a multimedia device and not a laptop replacement.

Overall I love it. Super fast and smooth. Soon as I logged in it pulled all my apps and email accounts. Only thing that didnt auto install was the Amazon app, but that took all of about 2 minutes to get working right. And it seems when I purchase something there I can put it on all my devices. Angry Birds Rio looks so pretty I could cry. Also highly recommend the Kongregate app if you dont have it.

Kind of expensive for something without a working SD card slot, but with 32GB on board I can be forgiving. My only beef is the lack of videos that play. Most MPG's dont work at all and neither do WMV's. Music is good but this thing is too big and clunky to use as a PMP, so it will just be for web and movies.
    Calender widget does not work but the app does. I kinda like to have the widget though, it shows me everything coming up.
    Gmail and Hotmail and Yahoo all look good both in the widget and full size app.

Adding stuff to, or changing the desktop is SOOOO much easier than on previous android versions. They made this thing incredibly easy to use, though I have had one android phone or another since the G1, so maybe it comes naturally to me.

If anybody has a specific question I will try to answer it. As per original complaints I see there are few apps specifically for Honeycomb 3.0. But all the previous stuff works well so its not a huge problem for me.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Welcome fellow xoomers! For the best help, read the stickied threads in each subforum. Thumb keyboard and swiftkey are my favorite keyboard replacements

Remove Ads

Ads