• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom wont power on..stuck in the light show phase

This is a discussion on Xoom wont power on..stuck in the light show phase within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hoping for some help. Everything working fine until this evening. Had left Xoom in sleep mode. Upon awaking, it said couple open apps not working ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deathfreak

Thread: Xoom wont power on..stuck in the light show phase

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom wont power on..stuck in the light show phase

Hoping for some help. Everything working fine until this evening. Had left Xoom in sleep mode. Upon awaking, it said couple open apps not working so I powered off and back on. Hadn't seen these messages before. The M logo came on and started powering up into the light show part of start up but no further and just hung in that loop over and over. Tried reboot (volume up/power) but just goes into same loop and couldn't even power off as just back in loop. I finally held the volumeup/power button for long time and now screen says "Starting RSD protocol support; Onewire: Charger is connected; Battery Charge level 95%" with the M logo but no light show.. So at this point I'm waiting to see if it will fully charge then will try another soft reboot. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseJacobson View Post
    Hoping for some help. Everything working fine until this evening. Had left Xoom in sleep mode. Upon awaking, it said couple open apps not working so I powered off and back on. Hadn't seen these messages before. The M logo came on and started powering up into the light show part of start up but no further and just hung in that loop over and over. Tried reboot (volume up/power) but just goes into same loop and couldn't even power off as just back in loop. I finally held the volumeup/power button for long time and now screen says "Starting RSD protocol support; Onewire: Charger is connected; Battery Charge level 95%" with the M logo but no light show.. So at this point I'm waiting to see if it will fully charge then will try another soft reboot. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Let it fully charge and then 30 more minutes and then try the soft reboot. Post back as to what happened.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Let it fully charge and then 30 more minutes and then try the soft reboot. Post back as to what happened.
    if this doesn't work see this thread My Motorola Xoom 1 wont start
    ggrant3876 likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads