• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello from across the Pond

This is a discussion on Hello from across the Pond within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Welcome to the forum...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hello from across the Pond

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome to the forum

Aloha from the Hawaiian Xoom

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
    Hello mate, I'm in the same boat pre-ordered ages ago and the wait is doing my head in, ah well, it'll be worth it, and by the time we get it, everyone else would have done the hard work ;-)
    Ha thanks. I'm going to be outside the doors of my local PC World on Saturday at 9 AM to get it. I went in and they were doing a demo on it and I asked the guy what time he'd suggest being there on Saturday and he said casually, "Just turn up sometime after 9 and you'll get one".

I love that. The Xoom beats the iPad 2 in almost every single way, and you don't have to queue up outside the stores for days on end to get one, you can just walk in on the launch day and pick one up. Having said that, there'll probably be a massive queue! I'll keep you all updated

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull
    And thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forums. I love it how this discussion turned into what people have on their chips.

I'm British but I must say, I do prefer mayo on chips than salt and vinegar....

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hello all, just joined the forums too in my eager anticipation of my Wifi-only xoom a friend's bringing back for me from the states this Thursday, so I'll get mine before they're out here, and for a bargain price of approximately 380 - can't wait!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    P.S. And chunky British chips should be with salt, vinegar and ketchup in my opinion

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull
    Jealous! I was considering ordering it from the States but didn't fancy paying 20% VAT on top of all those customs charges. I'm having to wait until Saturday until it's released here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    oooo chunky chips yum! been on a diet since Jan and now really fancy some chips

Welcome Pottage, nice to see a growing blighty contingent will you post a review for us when you get it?

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I'll get away without any taxes or duty, HMRC has a lower limit of 390 for bringing in goods before paying duty, and this should be about 380 - lucky! I'll see if I can write something about my thoughts when I get home from work tonight and get a play with my new toy!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull
    Really? I read somewhere that the limit is 145 otherwise you have to pay VAT on it which is why I was always a bit skeptical about buying things from the States. Whilst I lived in Germany, I bought a replacement power adapter and a couple of other things for my old iBook from Canada and they slapped on about €80 worth of customs charges! Well, you live and learn.

Keep us updated - I may buy a few accessories for the XOOM from the US (I think PC World is only stocking the standard Motorola case at the moment...)

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yeah, I've been stung before when I bought a psp years ago from hong kong for what I thought was an excellent price, then got hit with a huge vat + duties bill. But I got my information from
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriv...ivingnoneu.htm
    so I'm hoping I'll be ok. Its different if you're buying the goods and having them posted rather than getting someone to bring them over themself.
    Well, fingers crossed

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads