• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello! Enabling Bluetooth caused nonstop boot loop...

This is a discussion on Hello! Enabling Bluetooth caused nonstop boot loop... within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hello, all! I have been a Xoom user for almost 4 years, but I am new to this forum. I am simply a user, very ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hello! Enabling Bluetooth caused nonstop boot loop...

Hello, all! I have been a Xoom user for almost 4 years, but I am new to this forum. I am simply a user, very little technical knowledge, no experience in rooting or anything like that. A couple of weeks back, I ran into the problem described below.
    My Xoom MZ602 started into a nonstop reboot loop when I enabled Bluetooth (Bluetooth had worked previously). I did not have any of my Bluetooth devices on. I have tried various things, but can't get it into normal operation. The login screen occasionally comes up after a while, but when I start to enter the password, it reboots. Here are a couple of the things I tried:

1. Android Recovery mode -- "Entering Android Recovery mode -- Reading ODM Fuse:1" --> then get a dead Android with exclamation point in a red triangle --> after a while the reboot loop starts again.
    2. RSD -- "Starting RSD Protocol Support -- One wire: Charger is not connected or battery is not being charged... -- Battery charge level: 93%" --> screen stays like this indefinitely, unchanged. When connect the Xoom to the USB port on my PC, I see the Motorola Flash Interface in the Device Manager, but nothing in Windows Explorer. When I start the Motorola Device Manager on my PC, it goes to the Device Software Update and eventually says no updates at this time.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to get out of the nonstop reboot loop?
    2. Is there any way to recover my data from the internal memory?
    3. Could there be something in the setup of one of my Bluetooth devices that could have cause this?
    4. Is my device now useless?

BTW, I did speak with Verizon Technical Support regarding this. They told me it was probably a hardware issue and that my device could probably not be resurrected. I then purchased another Xoom (used) and the same thing happened to it.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone could provide. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I finally got a hold of Verizon Wireless Technical Support Level 2 and they helped me to get my Xoom operational again via a factory reset, though I did lose all my data.

The procedure I followed is described below. (I did find similar procedures described elsewhere in this forum, however for some reason, I kept missing a step.)

1. Power on or reset the table (press and hold power button, then press Volume Up and hold -- hold both buttons pressed for a couple of seconds, then release).

2. When the Motorola logo appears, wait about 3 seconds, then press and release the Volume Down button. "--> Android Recovery" should appear in the upper left of the screen.

3. Press and release the Volume Up button.

4. When the Android appears (in my case, lying on its back with its door open and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it), press and hold the Power button, then press and release the Volume Up button. You should now enter the Android system recovery menu. (This was the step I was missing.)

5. Using the Volume Down button, scroll down to highlight "wipe data/factory reset". Press and release the Power button to select.

6. When the"Confirm wipe of all user data?" screen comes up, scroll down using the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes -- delete all user data". Press and release the Power button to select.

7. In my case, the following eventually appeared:
    -- Wiping data…
    Performing BP clear…BP clear failed.
    Formatting /data…
    Formatting cache…
    Data wipe complete.

8. The Android system recovery menu will then reappear. With"reboot system now" highlighted, press the Power button to select. The table will then reboot, the Welcome screen will appear, and you can continue setting up the tablet.
    Last edited by McGee; 11-06-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads