• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Welcome aboard rootmepls! Glad you joined us....

Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    Welcome aboard rootmepls! Glad you joined us.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    Just want to say Hi and am looking forward to this site and the xoom blooming into maturity and a great gadget!

I had an incident over the weekend...My iphone 3gs crashed when I updated my cydia apps. This is the second time in 6 months!!! But now my back ups are missing and I had to take 2 days to set it right again but still can't send emails....very frustrating. So I went out and bought the virgin mobile optimus. (I also tried to get the ipad 2 but they are impossible to buy)..So I got the xoom from Costco today!!!!! Optimus and the wifi xoom- perfect together! (So I hope). And good bye to att for me! and apple!!

I learned (and am still learning) android with the wpdn and the Huawei s7. Still have my hs7. Looking for something with longer battery life.

I have 90 days to decide if the xoom is worth keeping. ($589. with gel case and 90 day return policy) Still excited for the asus transformer release later in april.
    Welcome. You should be happy with the battery life on the Xoom.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Everyone!

Picked up my Xoom today from Costco like several others and starting to read up as much as I can. It came with the gel protective case for the back, which was nice.

Here are my To Do's for the Xoom while I'm within my 90 day return period to see if it can do what I want and how well it can do it;

- Find a good case with a stand to video playing on the airplane for my son
    - Explore the ability to edit Excel files and other Office documents for my wife to see if she can use this to replace her aging laptop
    - Check out the games!

So far reading up on the $40 case it doesn't look good for that so far with the charging hole being blocked and other minor annoyances from people, but I'm continuing to look since I need one this week!

I'm glad I have one and look forward to getting use out of it!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Picked up my Xoom today from Costco like several others and starting to read up as much as I can. It came with the gel protective case for the back, which was nice.

Here are my To Do's for the Xoom while I'm within my 90 day return period to see if it can do what I want and how well it can do it;

- Find a good case with a stand to video playing on the airplane for my son
    - Explore the ability to edit Excel files and other Office documents for my wife to see if she can use this to replace her aging laptop
    - Check out the games!

So far reading up on the $40 case it doesn't look good for that so far with the charging hole being blocked and other minor annoyances from people, but I'm continuing to look since I need one this week!

I'm glad I have one and look forward to getting use out of it!
    Welcome. I use the stock Motorola portfolio case (handy for my 5 yr old play angry birds in the car) and there are a few office apps that work with MS office suite. The names elude me. Just check out the app section here and they're in the optimized apps list.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all...

I'm patiently waiting for my Xoom WiFi to be delivered by UPS at some point today.

I've owned a Droid X since release date - jumped ship from a Blackberry Curve. ;-) Seems like there a lot of Xoom owners who are also X owners!

I was on the fence for a while about buying the Xoom...the one stumbling block for me was no Netflix streaming, but hopefully that will be resolved at some point.

About me ... I work from home, and aside from traveling, hiking/geocaching, and pretending to be a home chef, I am addicted to electronic gadgets (and my Jeep Wrangler). :-)

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Quote Originally Posted by tdse View Post
    Hello all...

I'm patiently waiting for my Xoom WiFi to be delivered by UPS at some point today.

I've owned a Droid X since release date - jumped ship from a Blackberry Curve. ;-) Seems like there a lot of Xoom owners who are also X owners!

I was on the fence for a while about buying the Xoom...the one stumbling block for me was no Netflix streaming, but hopefully that will be resolved at some point.

About me ... I work from home, and aside from traveling, hiking/geocaching, and pretending to be a home chef, I am addicted to electronic gadgets (and my Jeep Wrangler). :-)
    Welcome to your new addiction!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I am new to the site. I have been lurking for a few days. I am getting my Xoom today from Amazon. It is on the truck for delivery (along with a bunch of accessories I ordered), but that probably means 3:00 or 4:00 this afternoon.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, just got thewifi only on Saturday. I live and work in the Philadelphia area.
    I was thinking about theipad2 but an gladi got three xoom

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    Quote Originally Posted by TJoseph View Post
    Hi, I am new to the site. I have been lurking for a few days. I am getting my Xoom today from Amazon. It is on the truck for delivery (along with a bunch of accessories I ordered), but that probably means 3:00 or 4:00 this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeez View Post
    Hi, just got thewifi only on Saturday. I live and work in the Philadelphia area.
    I was thinking about theipad2 but an gladi got three xoom
    Welcome to the forum guys! Happy to have you here. Glad you joined us.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey everyone, just picked up the WiFi only yesterday and so far I'm loving it. I had the first gen iPad when that came out but kinda got tired of it and at that time I had a 3GS then eventually switched to the iPhone 4 and now I have the Atrix. I've been looking into getting an Android tablet but wasn't sure on which one to get since there are so many out or coming out. But I went ahead and jumped the gun and got the Xoom. Gonna play around with it more before I decide if I'm gonna root it or not.
    Last edited by BigBolo; 03-28-2011 at 07:58 PM.

[Xoom WiFi only completely bone stock for now...
    ]
    [Atrix *UPDATED* no longer rooted and booted with aRoot and Adeo ROM v0.2]

Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads