• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

From up top of the howard stern building,it's bababooey !!

This is a discussion on From up top of the howard stern building,it's bababooey !! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hello all fellow xoom lovers........and no,I am not "the" bababooey,just a fan of the show. Just did a trade yesterday for a xoom wifi and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lactose the Intolerant

Thread: From up top of the howard stern building,it's bababooey !!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wink From up top of the howard stern building,it's bababooey !!

Hello all fellow xoom lovers........and no,I am not "the" bababooey,just a fan of the show.

Just did a trade yesterday for a xoom wifi and really am digging this baby,and a real camera unlike that old crappy ipod camera in my ipad2 .....my god what was steve-o thinking,at least put a iphone one in but then he does need that for next year when the real ipad upgrade will come,the ipad2 is a pacifier for the fanboy's ....

But back to the real tablet,the xoom....honeycomb is very nice and as smooth apps for tablet only will come around over the summer,I can deal with that and there are still lots of apps now compared to launch date of the xoom.

Couple gripes.......edit 4/28 ...Got it all worked out and I am truly in love now and the activation of the micro slot will send me over the edge....that still should have been done before release IMO...but 32gb will work for now.....

#1 - is trying to load mp3 music and mp4 videos on it...I keep getting a pop up asking if I really want to as it probably will not work on my xoom......

I did read it must be mp4 for video,so loaded a mp4 video,it shows but runs at 10x speed w// no sound ....ugh...

#2 - where the heck is my micro sd supposed to go,I see a slot on the top but that looks like a simcard size tray / slot and this is a wifi only model ?????

So will have to wait till I have time to scour the forums to find out how to get these issues worked out....other than that,I love my xoom...

Well see you all around the forums I am sure when I can get on,if anyone has a link to a fix please post up it is appreciated,between the kids,wife and work as a recovery agent is a on call job...

xoom xoom xoom .....
    Last edited by Bababooey; 04-28-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: see edit 4/28

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Welcome. If you look in the sim slot there is also a microSD slot. Check out our video section for your issue. I'm no video guru, so I'm not sure

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Pacific North Wet, All Rain - All The Time
    Liked
    26 times
    welcome to the forum. check out the video section - Dvdcatalyst software is an amazing tool for getting movies into your new addiction!
    Tinninches likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Welcome! May I call you TechnoBeaver? (Stern reference for those not hip to the show ...)
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Its always good looking around all the threads, you can find aloooot of cool things the "manual" would never tell you
    Xoom Xoom

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks,found it,popped a micro in there and it does not see it,am I missing something here ?
    Never had a this issue with my evo4g...this is starting to get frustrating,first the video / music issue now the micro slot ???

ugh...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    The sd is not active yet. It will only work if you're rooted and running a kernel.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome to the forum

Aloha from the Hawaiian Xoom

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bababooey View Post
    Thanks,found it,popped a micro in there and it does not see it,am I missing something here ?
    Never had a this issue with my evo4g...this is starting to get frustrating,first the video / music issue now the micro slot ???

ugh...
    SD should be getting an update but as said earlier rooting and getting the tiamat kernel will provide access.

As for the video/audio thingy : You can get alternate players (Rock Player Lite comes to mind - that's what I use) for nearly any video format. There are some encoding snafus for video files that are covered in a lot of threads on the forums you might want to head over to the Video or DVDCat subs for more info. No idea about the annoying message about mp3 files but they do work.
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks folks,got my video and music running perfect...

Big thanks to ......
    dvdcatalyst

You rock sir....

Remove Ads

Ads