• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Another Newbie joining and needing help / advice

This is a discussion on Another Newbie joining and needing help / advice within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hello to all, I just bought a Motorola Xoom yesterday and i have been playing with it since and have encountered a few issues which ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Another Newbie joining and needing help / advice

Hello to all,

I just bought a Motorola Xoom yesterday and i have been playing with it since and have encountered a few issues which are probably due to my being new to this technology.

Flash will not install ... I have read that there is a problem with it on a forum but that it was running just fine on another!

Also I have several hundreds pictures I would like to transfer to my Xoom. Any ideas of any Apps that would do the trick? Can folders be created on the Xoom?

Also playing with this new machine i have 2 or 3 icons of either an app or a widget on the same page ... Can we "delete" the extra ones?

Thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    Glad you joined up...think we got the homescreen icon/widget issue resolved on android.net - hopefully we can get the flash one taken care of here

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks .. And i am making progress ... in reading! I digged a bit more and found a thread on "transfer file to / from PC' that just requires the data cable that comes in the box! and it is working just fine. Thanks

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Welcome. Glad to see you getting your feet wet!

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Taz View Post
    Hello to all,

I just bought a Motorola Xoom yesterday and i have been playing with it since and have encountered a few issues which are probably due to my being new to this technology.

Flash will not install ... I have read that there is a problem with it on a forum but that it was running just fine on another!

Also I have several hundreds pictures I would like to transfer to my Xoom. Any ideas of any Apps that would do the trick? Can folders be created on the Xoom?

Also playing with this new machine i have 2 or 3 icons of either an app or a widget on the same page ... Can we "delete" the extra ones?

Thanks for your help
    Check me on this folks. Taz, make sure you've received the over-the-air update from Motorola that supports Flash 10.2

Go to your settings menu, About Tablet and verify that it shows HRI66 or HRI69 (3G and wi-fi only, respectively).

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesismore View Post
    Check me on this folks. Taz, make sure you've received the over-the-air update from Motorola that supports Flash 10.2

Go to your settings menu, About Tablet and verify that it shows HRI66 or HRI69 (3G and wi-fi only, respectively).
    HRI69? Weird - my WiFi show HWI69. I'm still getting familiar with Android, so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. On the plus side my Xoom runs great with very few FC's and is very responsive, so I suppose it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't see the HRI66 / 69 anywhere ... build number H.6.2-21 ... i checked system updates and says my device is up to date. I have the Wi-Fi version

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendzj View Post
    HRI69? Weird - my WiFi show HWI69. I'm still getting familiar with Android, so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. On the plus side my Xoom runs great with very few FC's and is very responsive, so I suppose it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    That could be my bad, it may very well be HWI69; I have the 3g.

Taz, to delete an icon/widget, long press and hold. A red trash can should appear at the top right corner, drag it there. Hmmm, I've only.ever seen the HRI39 before the update, and HRI66 afterwards on my 3g in the Build slot. This may be new. Anyone else?

To transfer files, use the included cable. You should be able to navigate to the sdcard folder from your PC, create a folder, and drag to your hearts content.
    Last edited by Lesismore; 05-01-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok thanks Lesismore ... I will check again tomorrow!

Thanks all.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Twitter
    XimmyT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Taz View Post

Thanks for your help
    You can just USB connect the XOOM to a PC or a Mac and transfer files to it. There already is a 'Pictures' folder.

If you would like to create a directory on your ZOOM, I would recommend the File Manager HD application. It has folder creation capabilities and allows you to view your local file system.

One other way to get files down to your xoom is to use a cloud-based solution such as DropBox to either temporary or permanently host files. The DropBox application is available for PC, Mac, and the Xoom (well it is available for just about anything).

You can definitely erase extra icons. The ultimate "copy" of the application resides in the Apps page that is available through the upper righthand corner of your homescreen. Any shortcuts that you place on the pages of your tablet can be removed without harming the instance of the app itself.

Hope that smattering of information helps!
    Keep on Xoomin'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads