• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pro Office Suite - NEW!

This is a discussion on Pro Office Suite - NEW! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi! Just got my Xoom for Mother's Day. Dowloaded trial of Pro Office Suite and now I don't know how to start. When I click ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Pro Office Suite - NEW!

Hi! Just got my Xoom for Mother's Day. Dowloaded trial of Pro Office Suite and now I don't know how to start. When I click on the Icon the next screen I get says "Device" "memory card" "Add remote account" "Download dictionaries". HELP, please!

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi there! I can't be of much help except to say that I did the same, and I'm as confused as you!

If you click 'new' it will open a blank page and let you write. The menu is a little grid symbol at the bottom, I wrote a couple of short experimental documents, then couldn't find anywhere to save them, although it did let me save them under 'DCIM' which I think is in the Memory Card folder. There are options for selecting, formatting, cutting and pasting and so on but these were hard to find and a puzzle to use.

From my own POV, I don't think I will be bothering with ProOffice once the free trial expires. All I need really is a simple word-pad style prog. to write unformatted notes, which I can email to myself and then format properly in Word on my desktop PC. AK Notepad does this adequately, without any weird confusing complications.

How about you? Do you actually need to do the fancy formatting on the Xoom itself?

Personally I think Pro Office is a pile of cr*p! I'm still trying to find out if QuickOffice or another app might be better, so I'm looking for advice too.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Welcome. There's springpad or catch notes for note taking. As far as office suites, most people use QuickOffice Pro HD

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi DroidXer and thank you! What is your opinion of EverNote? Hubby went off with my Xoom last night and downloaded EverNote (and a few other useful apps) - it seems more versatile than AK Notepad and probably all I will need.

I suppose it depends on the individual how complex an app they need, but I just need to write straightforward text 'on the hoof'.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Never tried evernote. Digest only use catch and springpad. I like the widget size of springpad for the xoom and its quite versatile.

Remove Ads

Ads