• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive

This is a discussion on Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by goldsworthy Who knows........maybe Toshiba can share their secret with MOTO and then MOTO will get the answer to making the SD card ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
    Who knows........maybe Toshiba can share their secret with MOTO and then MOTO will get the answer to making the SD card slot on the xoom work. It must be real hard to get a working SD card slot on the xoom as Motorola has over 1000 technicians working on the SD problem and yet not one has figured out how to make the thing work!.
    Your posts are like a broken record but you STILL have the facts wrong. It's true that the SD slot doesn't work, but remember, that just like the Nexus line of phones, it is a GOOGLE Experience device, which means Motorola has an agreement with Google NOT to mess with Honeycomb at all (at least not in the US). So it's not Motorola's fault the SD slot doesn't work. The other manufacturers that have a working SD slot have done it in a similar fashion to what the developer community has done for the Xoom. If you notice, the other tabs are just now getting 3.1, where in the US the Xoom has had 3.1 for some time.

You are the most vocal person on here about the lack of working SD slot, I don't see why you still even own the Xoom. Is it because you won't be able to sell that fancy golden Xoom for what you think it's worth? Just cut your losses and get another tablet, or a laptop or something.
    jblalock77 likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    I've given that Google Experience Device explanation so many times I've thought about programming it into Thumb Keyboard. Thanks for getting that one.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Pacific North Wet, All Rain - All The Time
    Liked
    26 times
    best bet would be to wait until it's out and go fondle one for a while - get a feel for it. what i've seen in the media for the thrive hasn't swayed me away from my Xoom... Amazon tablets coming later this year - you might want to wait for those. Good luck!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not sure about the 1000 technicians.... maybe they should send them to " Toshiba School" lol.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    y know that google experience device explanation is really getting old. There's a solution, the freakin thing is sold with the Motorola name on it, not google. They can put out the upgrade if they want, or at least keep us all in the loop with honest and timely updates on what is going on. I love the xoom, wouldn't trade it for another tablet on the market, but the sd card is really holding me back from recomending it to anyone. Right now it's just a tablet with a hole in the top and no guarantee that it will ever be anything else.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Actually it does say Google right on the tablet.

I don't think Motorola wants to violate a contractual agreement with Google. This is why they are giving SD access to the rest of the world in the 3.1 update. They ARE doing something about it, just not in the US due to an agreement with Google.

You could always do as many of us have and root + rom. Then you get SD access plus much more.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
    You could always do as many of us have and root + rom. Then you get SD access plus much more.
    Only way to run android IMO. Why wouldn't you? Lol.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    ROMs
    1 Submitted
    When 3.2 or 4.0 Iced Cream Sandwhich comes out will the Xoom get it first or Toshiba? There is nothings it provides over a Rooted Xoom.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Motorola have an SD card fix. Its out in japan and china and will be with me "in the next several weeks" so its a mute point.

Sent from my favourite piece of gadge.
    GEDified.... xoom to be donated to the kids....maybe.....probably

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    moot......moot point....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads