• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive

This is a discussion on Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; It has all the perks that the Xoom users are looking (complaining about not having) for, ie. working SD card, full-size USB, pre-loaded Honeycomn 3.1. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Convince me why I should not buy a Toshiba Thrive

It has all the perks that the Xoom users are looking (complaining about not having) for, ie. working SD card, full-size USB, pre-loaded Honeycomn 3.1. I have been on this forum for 3+ months and it doesn't seem Motorola or Google is listening. And it is for sale starting next week

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Twitter
    @AZsteelman
    Maybe I'm a jackass, but when I see statements/questions like this I just say go ahead...you already know what you want. Best of luck...
    Ricasso likes this.
    Post of the year by jdblalock77 "Returned to stock and wiping myself"

Alcohol may not solve your problems, but neither will milk and cookies!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    It seems likely to be a good device. I say buy what you'll be happy with.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    I agree. buy the thrive. its what I would buy if I were shopping for a Tablet now.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I would get the pink one.

Honestly Xoom is about my upper limit size/weight wise. But yeah, I agree with the posters above. If you like it, jump on it!

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!
    AZsteelman likes this.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    How about the giant ugly bezel? That's reason enough for me not to want it. But I agree, the full size SD and USB slot is a plus. But what sucks is even though it has a full size USB port, unless it's got some crazy gadgetry where OTG is built-in to the port and selectable on/off, you will still have to use a dongle or adapter to connect something like a thumb drive or game controller.
    NewAge likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Ya full size ports are deceiving in that you probably wont have full read/write capability with the USB port or SD slot. Toshiba has a dismal reputation when it comes to android. Motorola has a proven track record. The issues with the xoom are do to Google not Moto. The xoom has all the popular ports as well, not full size, but there aren't huge advantages in full size ports. You might save a few bucks when it comes to purchasing memory cards. The thrives appearance isn't the most attractive either. A one inch bezel looks ugly IMO.
    NewAge likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    don't get me wrong, I have a Droid X that I love so this is nothing against Motorola, however, how can I buy something that out of the box is not fully functional. I know that this( Motorola Xoom) was the first launch into Tablets, however, I feel that they have had enough time to fix the issues that you all have had to Root to fix, or should I say Root so that you can enjoy all the features. Still not sure, Samsung is out, HP Touch is also no a consideration, but it is between Xoom and Thrive.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    I would put my weight with caution behind the xoom.
    Don't get me wrong its awesome but having been the first to release it looks like being the last to get 3.1 and sd card working.

I couldn't in good conscience invite anyone to share the SD card update saga.

However if you can live with what should now be a short wait :-\ to get the sd card you can't get better than the xoom.

As for the thrive I'm not convinced by the bezel or the full sized USB. That said I haven't played with it so have no basis to judge,
    But I'm sure I'd be looking at all the sweet slim bezels on other devices and thinking my thrive was a bit of a dog .
    Saying you've got full sized USB is not a winning argument to buy an ugly gadget.

Sent from my favourite piece of gadge.
    GEDified.... xoom to be donated to the kids....maybe.....probably

Newsworthy
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Who knows........maybe Toshiba can share their secret with MOTO and then MOTO will get the answer to making the SD card slot on the xoom work. It must be real hard to get a working SD card slot on the xoom as Motorola has over 1000 technicians working on the SD problem and yet not one has figured out how to make the thing work!.
    The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads