• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Charger Port

This is a discussion on Charger Port within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Somebody tripped over my charger cord. The pin on the charger broke off. I ordered a new charger from amazon. It won't charge. Looks like ...

Thread: Charger Port

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Charger Port

Somebody tripped over my charger cord. The pin on the charger broke off. I ordered a new charger from amazon. It won't charge. Looks like I damaged the charger port on the Xoom. Now what do I do. Looks like my Xoom is toast.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    It's going to cost a little money but the standard dock doesn't use the little pin, that is the main reason I purchased the dock. With the new charger have you tried wiggling it around a little to see if it will start charging?
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Stand...4458990&sr=8-1
    Last edited by ggrant3876; 08-27-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was wondering about the docking station, but I tried to plug the mini usb into a wall plug usb adapter. "USB charging not supported".

Thanks for the info. I'll order a docking station now.

As far as the new charger, it feels like the tiny pin that inserts in the center of the charger pin is snapped off.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sending to motorola for repair looks daunting. The instructions for sending to motorola pertain to phones and are about 5000 words. I'd also worry about having to wipe my machine clean to protect my data, passwords, etc. Plus, "physical damage" is not covered by warranty, so cost is unknown.

My Palm phone has an induction charging station. All devices should have induction options. All lap tops and most pads and phones have a weak spot at the charging port. Every lap top I've ever had has lasted as long as the charging port functions. Once the charging port loosens up or breaks the machine is pretty much worthless.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by dano8989 View Post
    Sending to motorola for repair looks daunting. The instructions for sending to motorola pertain to phones and are about 5000 words. I'd also worry about having to wipe my machine clean to protect my data, passwords, etc. Plus, "physical damage" is not covered by warranty, so cost is unknown.

My Palm phone has an induction charging station. All devices should have induction options. All lap tops and most pads and phones have a weak spot at the charging port. Every lap top I've ever had has lasted as long as the charging port functions. Once the charging port loosens up or breaks the machine is pretty much worthless.
    You can always call them and ask for an estimate. It may not be as bad as you think. And as far as the personal info, you could use MyBackUpPro and back everything up, then do a factory reset.

As far as the electronic charging connections, if they didn't make those weak points, how would they get you to buy new devices every so many years?
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Remove Ads

Ads