• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom MZ601 - No Sim Card Problem

This is a discussion on Xoom MZ601 - No Sim Card Problem within the Non U.S. Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the International Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hey, So I bought a Unrooted Motorola Xoom from my friend. It was running fine with a 3g Sim. When he sold he to me ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Xoom MZ601 - No Sim Card Problem

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Xoom MZ601 - No Sim Card Problem

Hey,

So I bought a Unrooted Motorola Xoom from my friend. It was running fine with a 3g Sim. When he sold he to me he did a factory reset. It may have done updates as part of that process, I don't remember as I got the sim a couple weeks after the device

Anyhow its currently on Android 4.0.4 and I have tried it with multiple sims including the original owners sim and its not detecting any of them.

Its a Xoom in Finland and I've seen it working before however I'm not quite sure what to check or try. I have tried resets, soft and hard resets. I have tried Factory reset but no joy.

Would flashing it back to the original firmware / Android Version motorola shipped it with maybe help? And if so what is the process for that and would it void any warranty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    welcome to the forum. not certain exactly what it is that you are asking, but it sounds to me that you want to re-activate the phone portion of the device to gain phone (3g) connection once again??? are you confusing the micro sd card with a phone radio "sim" card by chance?? is the device rooted?? is it a wifi only unit by chance?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Have you tried simply activating the sim by inserting it, then power off and on? If still not detecting you may need to enter an apn code in mobile network settings.
    Make sure you have wifi switched off when you activate the sim

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegil View Post
    Hey,

So I bought a Unrooted Motorola Xoom from my friend. It was running fine with a 3g Sim. When he sold he to me he did a factory reset. It may have done updates as part of that process, I don't remember as I got the sim a couple weeks after the device

Anyhow its currently on Android 4.0.4 and I have tried it with multiple sims including the original owners sim and its not detecting any of them.

Its a Xoom in Finland and I've seen it working before however I'm not quite sure what to check or try. I have tried resets, soft and hard resets. I have tried Factory reset but no joy.

Would flashing it back to the original firmware / Android Version motorola shipped it with maybe help? And if so what is the process for that and would it void any warranty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey,

So the Device was working with a sim before on 3G, I have tried inserting the sim and doing a restart. Leaving it powered off with the sim for like 30 mins, also hard reset. I've tried with both wifi on and off with no real difference.
    I've also tried multiple sims.

I'm not confusing the sim card with the micro SD. The Microsd is on the front and sim card on the back with the sim slot.

I assume if it was a wifi device it wouldnt be saying No Sim Card and it wouldnt have worked in the first place. Is there wifi only versions of the software and 3g versions? I could maybe try redoing the software to a known wifi+3g compat version or the original manufacturers version if that could help?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    Hey,

So the Device was working with a sim before on 3G, I have tried inserting the sim and doing a restart. Leaving it powered off with the sim for like 30 mins, also hard reset. I've tried with both wifi on and off with no real difference.
    I've also tried multiple sims.

I'm not confusing the sim card with the micro SD. The Microsd is on the front and sim card on the back with the sim slot.

I assume if it was a wifi device it wouldnt be saying No Sim Card and it wouldnt have worked in the first place. Is there wifi only versions of the software and 3g versions? I could maybe try redoing the software to a known wifi+3g compat version or the original manufacturers version if that could help?
    Have you tried inputting a new apn in mobile network settings? The mobile network option may only be visible if you switch off wifi first.

I'm not an Apple groupie

UK 3G STOCK

not at all techy, but I'll do my best to find out!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a Mobile Networks option under Wireless Networks & Networks > More... but they are greyed out so I cant change anything. On Data Usage I can turn Mobile Data off and on but doesnt really seem to do anything.
    It shows No Sim Card when the screen is locked and when its factory reset.

Under Status

Network : Unknown
    Signal Strength -77dBm 18 asu (is this gps or wifi or 3g?)
    Mobile Network Type: Unknown
    Service Status: Out of service
    Mobile network state: Disconnected
    MDN: Unknown

IMEI: some numbers
    IMEI SV: 88

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    got the exact same problem. any idea?

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    have you tried contacting your wireless provider? just because it has a sim slot doesnt mean it is umts/lte/cdma capable. wifi only models have a dummy/non-functional sim slot

you can manually configure here (applies to connections where the Xoom cannot connect to existing service) this may not work though if it doesnt recognize the sim card (sim not required for US build/3g cdma Xooms)
    How to enter the Xoom programing and assign numbers
    Last edited by rive; 10-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    this means you have a wireless radio (3g most likely)

in most cases a sim will not work if it is not tied to an active data plan/activated

signal strength is the radio (no signal) you can program the mdn/min (your data/cell number) via link above
    it cannot connect to network (i.e., network unknown/no service/disconnected)

also, you can try enabling roaming

I have a Mobile Networks option under Wireless Networks & Networks > More... but they are greyed out so I cant change anything. On Data Usage I can turn Mobile Data off and on but doesnt really seem to do anything.
    It shows No Sim Card when the screen is locked and when its factory reset.

Under Status

Network : Unknown
    Signal Strength -77dBm 18 asu (is this gps or wifi or 3g?)
    Mobile Network Type: Unknown
    Service Status: Out of service
    Mobile network state: Disconnected
    MDN: Unknown

IMEI: some numbers
    IMEI SV: 88
    Last edited by rive; 10-08-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads