• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XOOM wifi and 3g?

This is a discussion on XOOM wifi and 3g? within the Non U.S. Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the International Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi, I just got a Xoom brought from the US (I'm in argentina). The back says FCC ID: IHDT56MT1 IC: 109O-T56MT1 according to the guy ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

XOOM wifi and 3g?

Hi, I just got a Xoom brought from the US (I'm in argentina). The back says FCC ID: IHDT56MT1 IC: 109O-T56MT1 according to the guy in ebay, it is Wifi+3G. They guy sent it with a t-mobile SIM in the slot (shares the slot with the microSD card). But It doesn't have "mobile settings" or the "antenna" next to the clock. In the system settings its missing the "baseband" item. So I saw in a few posts that maybe it had the wrong ROM on it. I tried different roms, right now it has CM10 Everest. It shows the antenna but it shows Unknown baseband. So I really started doubting if this model has 3G (maybe the guy that sold it sent the SIM card inside to screw me).

CPU-Z shows the Hardware as stingray, and the Model as Tervigon. Also depending on the rom, it shows as MZ601 o MZ605.

Do you guys know if this FCC model is 3G? if so, how can I "enable" the antenna? or re-install the baseband?

Thanks
    Nicolas

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Mz601/mz605 arw 3G xooms.

You need to Install the proper build for your region and get a proper Sim card

Xoom Software Downloads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you find a solution?
    Did you detect really if your XOOM was 3G?
    I have a similar situation with my XOOM, so currently I have repartitioned it and it is working with OmniROM WiFi only (wingray)
    Some one knows how to detect the RF 3G hardware to be sure that it is a stingray instead wingray?
    Thanks in advance.

Remove Ads

Ads