• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Japan supply paralysis spreads as firms cut output

This is a discussion on Japan supply paralysis spreads as firms cut output within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; TECH CHAIN VULNERABLE Japan's grip on the global electronics supply chain is causing particular concern. It produces around a fifth of the world's microchips and ...

Newsworthy
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times

Exclamation Japan supply paralysis spreads as firms cut output

TECH CHAIN VULNERABLE
    Japan's grip on the global electronics supply chain is causing particular concern. It produces around a fifth of the world's microchips and exported 7.2 trillion yen ($91.3 billion) worth of electronic parts last year, research from Mirae Asset Securities shows.
    "There are a huge number of little bits of the high-tech food chain which are done nowhere but in Japan," said Sam Perry, senior investment manager of Pictet Japanese Equity Selection Fund. "Nobody else has the quality or the consistency, and in some cases the technology, to do it."
    "Though production has increasingly been outsourced to China, South Korea and other lower-cost markets, there are over 40 factories in Japan producing a significant proportion of the world's PC and smart phone components,"http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110322/...supplychain_12
    Last edited by goldsworthy; 03-23-2011 at 03:38 AM.
    The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    What I have been saying to get members to plan ahead. I am guessing that we won't feel the real affects of this for another 6 months, or when current supplies are used up. Thanks for posting some proof.

DrivetheGreen66
    I knew this would happen. Its going to be rough for electronics in the next 6-12 months.

Remove Ads

Ads