• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gun Owners

This is a discussion on Gun Owners within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Originally Posted by OpenSights My first (personal) hand gun was the Ruger p89. Loved that gun... don't know why I sold it. Come to find ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Gun Owners

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    techitrucker
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
    My first (personal) hand gun was the Ruger p89. Loved that gun... don't know why I sold it. Come to find out later in life that gun was developed for a GVT contract to replace the 1911. Ruger had the contract up till the last moment when some General changed his mind and went with the Beretta. I'll have to see if I can Find where I read that...
    Beretta didn't win because of a General per se but because because both Ruger and Glock where late to bidding. Ruger was the obvious first choice but they where two weeks late and didn't get test weapons to the procurement people in time even though they apparently had a head start in development. Glock was more contreversial. They where only a day late and at the time most people involved said the deadline should be extended. It was the obvious better weapon. A lot was said at the time about plastic guns..... yada yada but being one of the many unlucky guys with who ate slide because of defects I will say I would much rather have had that plastic gun. The M9 was also a nightmare to keep clean and jammed so much more than my old 1911 it wasn't even funny. Its mostly fixed now and it is very accurate but I still find they jam with the most miniscule amounts of dust. Not good when your out in the desert and actually need that thing. Funny thing was when I was over in 03 and 04 we where camped right next to the Italians. They only had a few hundred guys on the ground. Two things that stood out the most was the number of guys with Brooklyn accents and the fact they where carrying Rugers. Guess it was a gun manufacturers version of free trade.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

DrivetheGreen66
    I watch it... but other than the first episode I generally roll my eyes and groan. Can they come up with something that either hasn't already been done or fixed?

But I still watch.
    I just recently started watching it. Haven't caught all the episodes yet. The one with 1865 Confederate cannon was pretty sweet. I never expected to see a quarter of a million dollar cannon on the show.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Wife downloaded that as a prank last night for me to find today. Just one of those mindless cool things.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    Beretta didn't win because of a General per se but because because both Ruger and Glock where late to bidding. Ruger was the obvious first choice but they where two weeks late and didn't get test weapons to the procurement people in time even though they apparently had a head start in development. Glock was more contreversial. They where only a day late and at the time most people involved said the deadline should be extended. It was the obvious better weapon. A lot was said at the time about plastic guns..... yada yada but being one of the many unlucky guys with who ate slide because of defects I will say I would much rather have had that plastic gun. The M9 was also a nightmare to keep clean and jammed so much more than my old 1911 it wasn't even funny. Its mostly fixed now and it is very accurate but I still find they jam with the most miniscule amounts of dust. Not good when your out in the desert and actually need that thing. Funny thing was when I was over in 03 and 04 we where camped right next to the Italians. They only had a few hundred guys on the ground. Two things that stood out the most was the number of guys with Brooklyn accents and the fact they where carrying Rugers. Guess it was a gun manufacturers version of free trade.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

It's been awhile since I read the article so thanks for the clarification. As far as the M9 goes, the only times I've actually fired one was at the range in East Miramar so I really can't attest to the performance in the field. A friend of mine recently posted a 1K report about his FNX-9 and I am really thinking about that as my next handgun.

I've become more of a striker fired kind of guy, but I still love hammer fired full size. A Kimber 1911 is always on my list. I came across one awhile back for a GREAT price, just wasn't in the budget at the time.

Side note... I found it kinda odd when I had to transport prisoners from the brig to a "sit down" I was the driver, armed, weapon on my strong side (RH) and the prisoner sitting next to me. Luckily the one and only I transported I knew... He got involved with meth unintentionally and was paying the price.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivetheGreen66 View Post
    I just recently started watching it. Haven't caught all the episodes yet. The one with 1865 Confederate cannon was pretty sweet. I never expected to see a quarter of a million dollar cannon on the show.
    I think the cannon one was their second episode, that was a good one to. The double M16 and the last one where they copied Magpul's design really got my goat, I mean they made it out of a damn ammo can! Sure the daughter is some good eye candy... if only she could do something about that zit.... unless it's herpes.

DrivetheGreen66
    I think the cannon one was their second episode, that was a good one to. The double M16 and the last one where they copied Magpul's design really got my goat, I mean they made it out of a damn ammo can! Sure the daughter is some good eye candy... if only she could do something about that zit.... unless it's herpes.
    LOL!!!

That double M16 was cool. I wish I had that on my duck boat.

DrivetheGreen66
    Has anyone got a Saiga Shotgun. I'm looking everywhere for one and not having any luck. I heard from one gun shop that they had been banned, but then other sources say no. So I don't know what the deal is.

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    LoL came across this on youtube...

Ithink ill stick to my unmodified ak . I dont like me a weapon made from 100% titanium alloy and also 100% plastic

sent from my yellow banana stand in newport beach
    OpenSights and Tinninches like this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Has anyone got a Saiga Shotgun. I'm looking everywhere for one and not having any luck. I heard from one gun shop that they had been banned, but then other sources say no. So I don't know what the deal is.
    I have a Saiga 12 and a Saiga 308 AK clone. The shotguns are being banned soon so no more will be available, due to the ability to load the longer and drum mags. Got mine last week here in Fl and 3 more have been sold from the same shop.
    Gun collection is rather large, from 10-22's to an Anzio 50 BMG lightweight. What can I say, I love the second ammendment.IMG_0022.JPGSaiga 308.jpgIMG_0146.jpg
    Last edited by Dave01; 04-05-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Tinninches likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Good Analogy: This is my personal favorite 1911 that I have ever shot. I want it bad, just can't bring myself to drop the $1100 bucks on it.

Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II
    Love the Kimbers. Here is my favorite larger caliber carry gun. It never leaves my side when travelingKimber Covert.jpg
    Tinninches likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads