• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Venting frustration**

This is a discussion on Venting frustration** within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Well today, technically yesterday, was great. My dad and I went to go watch the Mariners play the Angels and we actually won! My friends ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    Dean_Kelley

Venting frustration**

Well today, technically yesterday, was great. My dad and I went to go watch the Mariners play the Angels and we actually won! My friends sang the National Anthem, that was awesome. And after the game I got to go onto the field as my dad knows the head grounds keeper. Sounds like a good day for me right? Well it was... Until I walked back to the Seattle ferry back to Bremerton, where I then realised I had lost my Droid Incredible! It must have fallen out of my pocket on the way back to the ferry. I was totally excited to post all of the pictures I had taken on my FB only to realise that my jacket pocket was empty... GD SOB! As well I'm not due for an upgrade for another year and to buy a phone is heaps of money since of course I didn't insure my phone when I bought it. My dad told me that if his contract is good for an upgrade I can use it so I may get the Thunderbolt, but the thing that drives me fooking mental is that all my pictures and stuff is gone! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

To make matters worse the route I took to the ferry goes along Alaskan Way where all the homeless tweakers sleep. I'm calling Verizon first thing in the morning to call it lost/stolen and suspend the account.
    If someone were to tryband flash the phone to a different number would the Verizon store recognise that it belongs to an account and take action if its been reported as lost/stolen?

Thus concludes my angry vent.
    Thank-you for your time if you read it.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Suggestion: You may wish to have your pictures, etc automatically sync to the cloud on your next phone.

I've got unlimited data so no worries there for me, at least. If you're unable to get a subsidized upgrade you can also try out a different carrier. They'll definitely give you a break on the price on a even more "incredible" phone. Sorry for your loss and better luck next time.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    Dean_Kelley
    I can't switch carriers as I have another year on my contract. However, I may consider the cloud option for my stuff, thanks. Also I'll make sure to install one of those GPS location apps on it too.

I really wish I screen locked my phone now...

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by epakrat75 View Post
    Suggestion: You may wish to have your pictures, etc automatically sync to the cloud on your next phone.
    How would one go about doing that?

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Either PhotoCloud or PicPush from the Market would likely suffice. Google offers cloud data backup in Android 2.2+ but don't know if it does photos.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You might also check Craigslist; both as a place to find a new phone, and a place where you might find your old phone . I recently bought my wife an Incredible for $100 here, had the guy meet me at a Verizon store where we verified the clean ESN and we were good to go.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    Dean_Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by dbutters View Post
    You might also check Craigslist; both as a place to find a new phone, and a place where you might find your old phone . I recently bought my wife an Incredible for $100 here, had the guy meet me at a Verizon store where we verified the clean ESN and we were good to go.
    Heh, I can check but any potential buyers beware, I called it in stolen and the dude said it can't be flashed to a new number. I highly doubt I'll ever see it again...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You might want to try Lookout Mobile Security on the one you lost. Specifically, give Plan B a shot. If it doesn't help, it doesn't help, but you have nothing to lose.
    Wi-Fi Xoom
    Evo4G rooted with CM7/Tiamet

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." - Jayne Cobb

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    The Droid incredible is a very small phone therefore can be glued virtually anywhere on the human body. Take your pick. That way you won't have a chance to lose it (mine has been glued on my lovers back.) Sorry :-)

"I am become xoom, the destroyer of ipads" -unknown

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    Dean_Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by Khassy View Post
    You might want to try Lookout Mobile Security on the one you lost. Specifically, give Plan B a shot. If it doesn't help, it doesn't help, but you have nothing to lose.
    I wish I had tried this but I jumped the gun and got a new phone already. Next time, however I won't make the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
    The Droid incredible is a very small phone therefore can be glued virtually anywhere on the human body. Take your pick. That way you won't have a chance to lose it (mine has been glued on my lovers back.) Sorry :-)

"I am become xoom, the destroyer of ipads" -unknown
    Heh, yeah the fact that its a small phone is why I lost it. I'm actually paralyzed and in a powerchair, the phone had to have slipped out of my jacket pocket and out through a gap of the back of my chair.

I can't STAND when that happens...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads