• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom not booting - stuck on black screen with M logo

This is a discussion on Xoom not booting - stuck on black screen with M logo within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I had 3.2 on it and I messed it to LTE SW btpass RSD by changing boot options by holding volume dowm after power up.. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Xoom not booting - stuck on black screen with M logo

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom not booting - stuck on black screen with M logo

I had 3.2 on it and I messed it to LTE SW btpass RSD by changing boot options by holding volume dowm after power up.. ...since then I am not able to boot it up...I tried changing it to all the other options...even tried forcing it to reboot by holding volume up and on...nothing seems to work...when I do andriod recovery it says....Reading ODM fuse: 0 and does nothing after that....please help me anyone onthis..Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well....Its working now....The boot loader was crashed....Thankfully had a friend who works in Motorola that too on Xoom LTE

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    i have had that happen to me a few different times, and discovered that the solution seems to be to remove the sd card and try the reboot process again. it seems to work for me. my xoom is a 3.2 rooted.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I never had SD card in it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

My son was relieved

Quote Originally Posted by srs244 View Post
    i have had that happen to me a few different times, and discovered that the solution seems to be to remove the sd card and try the reboot process again. it seems to work for me. my xoom is a 3.2 rooted.
    Mine is 3.2 not rooted, but that was the solution for me. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know why that happened?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardojf View Post
    Mine is 3.2 not rooted, but that was the solution for me. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know why that happened?
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Aloha All,
    New here also a green horn who needs help!! tried, unlocking, and rooting my 3/4g verizon xoom, got it to unlock, fastboot flash boot rootboot.img, than after I fastboot reboot, reboot only got to "Dual Core logo and black" is that norm? than when I tried "adb remount" I got error; device not found, tried few times and kept getting same error messages, and also "Device Succeeded" and could not get beyond these errors, now screen is stuck on dual core logo screen, I am able to bring it back to "Starting Fasboot Protocol Support" and able to run prompt command up to the same point (Fastboot Reboot) dual core logo, used'; android-sdk_r16-windows.zip, and xoomroot.zip any one able to give a Green Horn a little Helpppppp, or do i now own an paper weight....
    Last edited by 808cbt; 03-12-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by 808cbt View Post
    Aloha All,
    New here also a green horn who needs help!! tried, unlocking, and rooting my 3/4g verizon xoom, got it to unlock, fastboot flash boot rootboot.img, than after I fastboot reboot, reboot only got to "Dual Core logo and black" is that norm? than when I tried "adb remount" I got error; device not found, tried few times and kept getting same error messages, and also "Device Succeeded" and could not get beyond these errors, now screen is stuck on dual core logo screen, I am able to bring it back to "Starting Fasboot Protocol Support" and able to run prompt command up to the same point (Fastboot Reboot) dual core logo, used'; android-sdk_r16-windows.zip, and xoomroot.zip any one able to give a Green Horn a little Helpppppp, or do i now own an paper weight....
    Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us. Unplug the xoom from your PC and reboot the PC and the Xoom, rboot the xoom by pressing and holding the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both. Plug the xoom back in and see if it's recognized. You should be using this guide to root on page 1 and the guide on page 2 to flash an ICS rom.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof
    Not being sure of exactly what you've done you might need o go back to stock and start over. You can get the images here and the instructions are on the top right of the screen.
    MOTODEV > Products > Device Software
    808cbt likes this.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the reply! I'll try that today, if anything I do little more reading on this from that link u attached, if not I'll attempt to bring it back to stock from

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us. Unplug the xoom from your PC and reboot the PC and the Xoom, rboot the xoom by pressing and holding the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both. Plug the xoom back in and see if it's recognized. You should be using this guide to root on page 1 and the guide on page 2 to flash an ICS rom.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof
    Not being sure of exactly what you've done you might need o go back to stock and start over. You can get the images here and the instructions are on the top right of the screen.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! ggrant3876 got it back to stock! made my day...................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads