• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Update Issues

This is a discussion on Xoom Update Issues within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Greetings All, new to the forum and I've loved my Xoom up until now. I turned on my Xoom the other day to see the ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom Update Issues

Greetings All, new to the forum and I've loved my Xoom up until now.

I turned on my Xoom the other day to see the update for 3.2.1 (HTK55D), it says there is an update available that I need to install. If I chose to install it, it says that it has to reboot. When it reboots I get the Android guy with a little warning triangle on his chest. After a couple minutes the screen goes blank and it does a normal reboot. If I chose install later I have 13 apps to be updated on the market, if I chose update all during the update cycle the Xoom decides to reboot and hangs on the reboot. If I try to do the updates one at a time after a few it says that there has been an error and the market has to force close, at this point any app I try to open says it has an error and it has to force close. Every time I shut down and restart my it still has the same 13 apps that need to be updated, even if I updated or deleted the app.

I've tried doing a reset to factory resets (via both the menu and utilizing the buttons during reboot). Both times it comes back to the way it was before, 13 apps to update and a system update.

I have a WIFI version, currently running Android 3.2, build number HTJ85B. I haven't downloaded any new apps in the past month or so and all the apps i currently have are either from the Android Market place or the Amazon App store.

If anyone knows how to get this cleared up please let me know. If you need more details or clarification, just ask and I'll give you the best description I can. My preferred resolution would be getting to get this update installed and not seem to reset to the same status everything I turn it on. If I have to do a complete reset I'm willing to (I've already backed up everything I want to keep), I just have to figure out a way that the reset would stick.

Thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    451 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Welcome to the forum.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Still having an issue trying to update to 3.2.1

It comes up that I have an update to install, when I select install it says that it is going to reboot, during the boot it tries to go to android recovery. The little android guy comes up for a second with the gears like its working, then the gears switch to the warning triangle. After a few minutes it just reboots and tells me I have an update.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright...I've been poking around some various forums to find some answers since at this point every time I turn on my xoom it seems to go back to the same status, which leads to it forcing all my apps closed and won't update.

I've gotten stock images from the Motodev site (HWI69) and in flashboot flashed boot, system, recovery and userdata. While in fastboot I had also erased the cache and userdata. But when I rebooted after the xoom was back at where it was.

If I go through settings->privacy-> reset to factory I select return to factory and confirm it, the xoom will reboot show the android guy with gears on his middle then the gears change to a caution sign, it will reboot after a little to exactly where it was with the same issues.

If I reboot by power+volume up and then use volume down to get into recovery and choose wipe data/factory reset it says that it is wiping data and says that it completes without any problems but when it reboots after that, the xoom is still at the same point it was with the same issues.

At this point I want to just wipe everything and start again. Does anyone have any input on how to get there? If I have a wifi only is there any problem if I flashed images from the 3G build onto it?

Thanks

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skamins1 View Post
    Alright...I've been poking around some various forums to find some answers since at this point every time I turn on my xoom it seems to go back to the same status, which leads to it forcing all my apps closed and won't update.

I've gotten stock images from the Motodev site (HWI69) and in flashboot flashed boot, system, recovery and userdata. While in fastboot I had also erased the cache and userdata. But when I rebooted after the xoom was back at where it was.

If I go through settings->privacy-> reset to factory I select return to factory and confirm it, the xoom will reboot show the android guy with gears on his middle then the gears change to a caution sign, it will reboot after a little to exactly where it was with the same issues.

If I reboot by power+volume up and then use volume down to get into recovery and choose wipe data/factory reset it says that it is wiping data and says that it completes without any problems but when it reboots after that, the xoom is still at the same point it was with the same issues.

At this point I want to just wipe everything and start again. Does anyone have any input on how to get there? If I have a wifi only is there any problem if I flashed images from the 3G build onto it?

Thanks
    Yes there is. Flash the WiFi only images and first thing...relock it via fastboot, that will wipe everything, then restore the images. You can unlock again after it works normally.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Ads