Just my luck, I had my xoom in my back pack and it got wet all the way through due to a leaking water bottle. I've left it alone for 5 days hoping that it would dry itself out. No such luck. It just won't power on.
The battery light is green so it seems to charge all the way.
I'm wondering if it will be worth it to get it fixed. I'm just looking for advice on whether I should bother getting it fixed, or if I could try to diagnose where the problem is myself and try to fix it.
Are there any water damage repair services out there that someone could recommend?
Or could you refer me to a website that has instructions on how to diagnose why it's not powering on?
03-02-2012 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us. On a phone you can take the battery and sim card out and put it all in large baggy of dried rice, can't do that with the Xoom though.
Originally Posted by toraziyal
Samsung Galaxy Note 7
Lumia 950 XL
Nexus 6 - PureNexus
NotePro 12.2 64Gb
Power it off and soak it in rubbing alcohol for 15-30 seconds. Alcohol will push the water out. Also alcohol dries quickly. After you do it wait a few more days before you start it up.
Yeah, I started taking the xoom apart actually! I was thinking about putting it in a bag of rice but felt a little weird doing so. I might jsut leave the cover off for a few more days to see what happens.
I also read that bit about the rubbing alcohol but wasn't sure. I guess I should go for the 90+% variety.
put a hair dryer to it for a couple days, happen to me with a dell laptop in the pool,i just kept drying it every day sometimes 2-3 times a day.
and then it opened up like nothing was wrong.
Same thing is going one with me!
when juice spilled on my xoom it worked okay with a wet screen for a while .... then it turned off.
I tried using a blow dryer to dry the wetness. It's still not comin on. Let me know what works for you!
Do we have an update on this? I am curious the method you chose, and the results.