• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stuck at boot up screen

This is a discussion on Stuck at boot up screen within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Hi guys, I've done everything said above like Deleting everything via RecoveMode because I have the red dead android so I try and clear cache ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Stuck at boot up screen

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi Guys.

Hi guys, I've done everything said above like Deleting everything via RecoveMode because I have the red dead android so I try and clear cache and reset but everytime I try, its keeps poping up errors about parts of the cache not existing, what shall I do, don't mind if I lose my data, just need to fix it. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by xtheEPICPANDAx View Post
    Hi guys, I've done everything said above like Deleting everything via RecoveMode because I have the red dead android so I try and clear cache and reset but everytime I try, its keeps poping up errors about parts of the cache not existing, what shall I do, don't mind if I lose my data, just need to fix it. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. What exactly where you doing when this happened? Sometimes if you let it charge until the indicator turns green and leave on for another 30 minutes a soft reboot will fix the issue, press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I have a similar problem with a UK WiFI Xoom stuck on the red Motorola logo. I followed the instructions above (very easy to follow btw) and am stuck with the same problem after selecting reboot system. When in the Android Recovery menu screen there is huge number of lines in the lower screen all saying "Unable to mount cache" or similar. I tried the Wipe cache option as well but still have the problem on reboot. I'd hate to have to send it away, any ideas what I should do next?
    Thanks

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBagley View Post
    Hi, I have a similar problem with a UK WiFI Xoom stuck on the red Motorola logo. I followed the instructions above (very easy to follow btw) and am stuck with the same problem after selecting reboot system. When in the Android Recovery menu screen there is huge number of lines in the lower screen all saying "Unable to mount cache" or similar. I tried the Wipe cache option as well but still have the problem on reboot. I'd hate to have to send it away, any ideas what I should do next?
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Is your Xoom stock or rooted and what where you doing when the issue started?

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's stock. I was browsing the BBC news site after just accepting 2 updates, one for Google video (I think) plus 1 I forget now. The browser froze, after much tapping I tried a quick shut down and nothing happened. I then held the power button down to shut down. It shut down and then (I think) tried to reboot but got no further than the logo as described above. I tried a soft reset, it shut down and rebooted but stuck. After reading a couple of thread I charged it for a few hours and have tried the hard reset both on power and battery. Always end up on the logo.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBagley View Post
    It's stock. I was browsing the BBC news site after just accepting 2 updates, one for Google video (I think) plus 1 I forget now. The browser froze, after much tapping I tried a quick shut down and nothing happened. I then held the power button down to shut down. It shut down and then (I think) tried to reboot but got no further than the logo as described above. I tried a soft reset, it shut down and rebooted but stuck. After reading a couple of thread I charged it for a few hours and have tried the hard reset both on power and battery. Always end up on the logo.
    Before trying a soft reboot put your Xoom on the charger until the charge indicator turns green and then leave it for another 3o minutes before trying the soft reboot. Since you've gone into recovery and tried a factory data reset not sure a soft reboot will work but give one more try after the battery has been charged sufficiently.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No joy. I left it overnight on charge. Tried the soft reboot a couple of times and reboot from the android recovery screen but still end up stuck at the logo.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was worried that'd be the case. Thanks for the link, I'll post an update.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Being a scaredly when it comes to fiddling with IT (if I can't see it moving I don't understand it) I eventually returned it to Moto under warranty; they returned it fixed in 4 days so overall a result.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads