• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stuck at boot up screen

This is a discussion on Stuck at boot up screen within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; I just received my xoom two days ago after purchasing it through amazon. It was working just great only a few apps didn't work. But ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Stuck at boot up screen

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Stuck at boot up screen

I just received my xoom two days ago after purchasing it through amazon. It was working just great only a few apps didn't work. But today I was trying out the video recording function and after trying to replay a video I had saved on there it became unresponsive. Eventually it rebooted itself but most of the media I had saved on there was erased, I tried to use an app then and then it froze again. I gave it a forced reboot holding down the up volume and power button and then from there that's were it got stuck at the reboot screen. I checked on it later and there was a message saying encryption unsuccessful and prompted me to reboot so I did and now same problem, stuck at boot up screen. Pleas help, I really love this tablet.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Mut3Mouth View Post
    I just received my xoom two days ago after purchasing it through amazon.
    Welcome to the forum

I gave it a forced reboot holding down the up volume and power button and then from there that's were it got stuck at the reboot screen. I checked on it later and there was a message saying encryption unsuccessful and prompted me to reboot so I did and now same problem, stuck at boot up screen. Pleas help, I really love this tablet.
    Try as follow:

- Power off and wait few minutes.
    - Try to boot it.

If fail;

- Try to power off.
    - Put it to full charge (Till the light indicator turn green).
    - Try to boot again.

Still fail;

- At M logo,
    - Press Power+Volume Up.
    - Once it reboot and you saw M logo in 2-3 second.
    - Press volume down, You will in the Android recovery.
    - Navigate to do Factory data reset.
    - Reboot your Xoom.

Hope it help

Let us know and keep us posted.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    I just received my xoom two days ago after purchasing it through amazon. It was working just great only a few apps didn't work. But today I was trying out the video recording function and after trying to replay a video I had saved on there it became unresponsive. Eventually it rebooted itself but most of the media I had saved on there was erased, I tried to use an app then and then it froze again. I gave it a forced reboot holding down the up volume and power button and then from there that's were it got stuck at the reboot screen. I checked on it later and there was a message saying encryption unsuccessful and prompted me to reboot so I did and now same problem, stuck at boot up screen. Pleas help, I really love this tablet.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Try Astrix's solutions and let us know if you're still stuck at the boot screen.
    Mut3Mouth likes this.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Going to move this to the Rescue Squad section. Let us know how astrix's solution works.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did as you said, and it freezes at starting fastboot protocol support

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    1) starting fastboot protocol support: use volume button to navigate to android recovery and do factory reset.

Can?

2) If no: That mean sorry to say..you need to fastboot.
    Back to factory as out of the box.

Take a look at my signature and go to post#3

Progess will be the same.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did as you said, and it freezes at starting fastboot protocol support
    Yeah I realized I didn't do it right the first time a few minutes later, got it right second time and after going into recovery mode I got a picture of a dead Android with a red triangle and an exclamation point.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Yeah I realized I didn't do it right the first time a few minutes later, got it right second time and after going into recovery mode I got a picture of a dead Android with a red triangle and an exclamation point.
    Press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the xoom starts to reboot, when the screen starts to change start tapping the volume down button until you see android recovery in the upper left of your screen, tap the volume up button to enter the android recovery. From there you can clear your cache partition and reboot or do a factory data reset and reboot.

LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue..I apparently was able to boot into the Android Recovery Mode..., but all I have is the graphic with a the android laying horizontal with a red "!" in a triangle. It stays there for about a minute or 2, then automatically tries to reboot.

I am not receiving any menu that allows me to clear my cache partition or do a factory reset.

Any idea on how to correct this?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicVa View Post
    I have the same issue..I apparently was able to boot into the Android Recovery Mode..., but all I have is the graphic with a the android laying horizontal with a red "!" in a triangle. It stays there for about a minute or 2, then automatically tries to reboot.

I am not receiving any menu that allows me to clear my cache partition or do a factory reset.

Any idea on how to correct this?
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly. You'll need to press and hold the power button and the volume up button to get the process started.

2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)

3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up).

4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.

5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.

6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.

7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”

8. Tap Power hard key to select option.

9. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.

10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.

11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.

12. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.

You can try just clearing the cache partition first.
    yodafatcat likes this.

LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads