• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Got ICS Update, now stuck in boot animation infinite loop

This is a discussion on Got ICS Update, now stuck in boot animation infinite loop within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Hello, first post here and just wanted to say this has been a very helpful community to me so far. Today the wi-fi stopped working ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Got ICS Update, now stuck in boot animation infinite loop

Hello, first post here and just wanted to say this has been a very helpful community to me so far. Today the wi-fi stopped working on our rooted, unlocked xoom (purchased used about 2 weeks ago). I believe this is a 3g verizon model but the guy we bought it from said it had the 4g update. However, the installed OS always showed CDMA options instead of LTE connectivity options. We don't have verizon service at the moment, but would like the capability for the future.

So back on topic. The wifi stopped working, turns out there was a DNS issue at our router. I also decided to re-flash the xoom back to factory defaults today to fix some stability issues. I grabbed the Android SDK (for Mac), adb, and the factory images from the motodev website. After the re-flash I re-locked the boot loader and honeycomb worked fine for the rest of the evening. The ICS update came in, I promptly installed it and now I have problems.

1. After turning the Xoom on, I get the bootloader screen with boot options, then it tries to start ICS, where it hangs and keeps looping the animation.
    2. Someone suggested I run the factory recovery, ok no problem I'm thinking. Except when I load it I get the screen where Andy is lying on his back with his belly opened up and a red triangle with "!" on it is floating over his belly. I can still get into the recovery menu by pushing volume up + Power. In this menu I can wipe the cache successfully, but the "Wipe data/factory reset" option gives me a bp clear error. (Later tried this again and it didn't give a BP error.
    3. Rebooting again the xoom is right back in the infinite animation boot loop again.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum

- Try power off, put it too full charge.
    - Once green LED indication light to green, power on and boot to recovery.
    - Clear cache and data.
    - Reboot.

Hope it help and keep us posted

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by 3800_cruiser View Post
    Hello, first post here and just wanted to say this has been a very helpful community to me so far. Today the wi-fi stopped working on our rooted, unlocked xoom (purchased used about 2 weeks ago). I believe this is a 3g verizon model but the guy we bought it from said it had the 4g update. However, the installed OS always showed CDMA options instead of LTE connectivity options. We don't have verizon service at the moment, but would like the capability for the future.

So back on topic. The wifi stopped working, turns out there was a DNS issue at our router. I also decided to re-flash the xoom back to factory defaults today to fix some stability issues. I grabbed the Android SDK (for Mac), adb, and the factory images from the motodev website. After the re-flash I re-locked the boot loader and honeycomb worked fine for the rest of the evening. The ICS update came in, I promptly installed it and now I have problems.

1. After turning the Xoom on, I get the bootloader screen with boot options, then it tries to start ICS, where it hangs and keeps looping the animation.
    2. Someone suggested I run the factory recovery, ok no problem I'm thinking. Except when I load it I get the screen where Andy is lying on his back with his belly opened up and a red triangle with "!" on it is floating over his belly. I can still get into the recovery menu by pushing volume up + Power. In this menu I can wipe the cache successfully, but the "Wipe data/factory reset" option gives me a bp clear error. (Later tried this again and it didn't give a BP error.
    3. Rebooting again the xoom is right back in the infinite animation boot loop again.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Any progress yet?

Galaxy S8 Plus
    LG V10
    Lumia 950 XL
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    Welcome to the forum

- Try power off, put it too full charge.
    - Once green LED indication light to green, power on and boot to recovery.
    - Clear cache and data.
    - Reboot.

Hope it help and keep us posted
    OK. Did that. Same problem again.. Unlocked and rebooted again back to HRI66. Installed update again, same issue. I'm just gonna let it run all night I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Any progress yet?
    Unlikely. May have to wait a bit on this upgrade, or re-root it.

Thanks for the help so far! Going to bed for the night, will fight with it some more tomorrow!

As a strange side note from my research.. This xoom's bootloader is unusual to the others.
    It is a black screen with 17 startup mode options. I see no red "M" logo in the middle like other screenshots I see. Could this be tripping me up? I'm a bit late to the android party, I still can't tell what's been meddled with and what hasn't.
    Bootloader version 1050
    build Date: july 5, 2011 08:14:36
    Last edited by 3800_cruiser; 06-08-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got it working with the Team EOS build and CWM. Thanks for the help!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi everyone! Im in a infinite loop in an Verizon XOOM (ICS) with the original auto updated Firmware. The first thing I will try will be the hard reset in the recovery menu. The thing is: I don't want to loose the pictures and videos (I never do a backup of them ) They are memories from my kids etc. Is there a way of access the file system from "outside" or start the device in some "safe mode" to copy the files , and then do the factory reset? Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by nitropy; 03-05-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads