• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

you tube videos are not playing

This is a discussion on you tube videos are not playing within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Originally Posted by deniseo ggrant i tried to go through jellybean...but it seems that i have to go to faceboo and "like" snag something........is that ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: you tube videos are not playing

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    @pizentu
    Quote Originally Posted by deniseo View Post
    ggrant i tried to go through jellybean...but it seems that i have to go to faceboo and "like" snag something........is that correct?
    Is this your first Android device? If you have had this Xoom for a year and still not able to play youtube videos, it may be time to sell it and go with an iPad as your first post indicated.

Or you could try this thread. Missing Flash Player after updating to ICS

And sorry but I am not changing my sig. I have had it for a while and nobody else has complained. Its from the video game Deus Ex Human Revolution. Nothing spooky about it. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    install the flash, and install rockplayer. between the two you can play every video format type there is.

just use the default browser on the xoom. search rockplayer on google play its free

also use desktop mode (click 3 vertical dots top right corner, then check request desktop site) this enables most video playback
    Last edited by rive; 10-27-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Deniseo,

This forum has the best experts available to help you, but you must be more informative with your responses.

Let's back up. Before we can help, we need to know EXACTLY which Xoom model you have AND what OS you have. Is it Honeycomb (HC), Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), or are you rooted and on Jellybean (JB)? In fact, ARE YOU ROOTED?

You should NOT have to go and 'snag' anything from Facebook.

So far, the best advice given was to ask the question of whether or not you have FLASH installed. DO YOU? If you don't then a link was provided to download it from a mirror, but it is slightly more complicated than just that. For example, you'll need to go into setup and allow installs from unknown sources before you can use the download apk.

If you don't understand any of this, then let's go one step at a time. What Xoom do you have? Original, or Xoom2. What Android version are you on?

Let go from here...
    Pharoah likes this.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Stay calm Deniseo, I understand your frustration, but sending me a private message actually DECREASES your chances of getting help. The more people that see this, the better response you'll get:

Quote Originally Posted by deniseo
    i have the first xoom android version 4.0.4 i think that i downloaded adobe flash from the android market but still nothing can play...so many videos i try to play turns black screen or has an upside down arrow... i am so frustrated .... i have plans t o sell this motorola piece of crap it is for people who really know about systems not end users like me tku
    Okay, so this gives us some more info. 4.0.4 is ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich.) I'm guessing that your Xoom upgraded to version 4.0.4 over the air (OTA.) I assume this because you still haven't answered if you're ROOTED or not. Based on your replies, I'm guessing you're not. To be sure though let me ask: you DID buy this new, and not from someone else, right?

You say that you think you downloaded Adobe Flash from the market, but actually, it is NOT available there anymore, so I'm guessing you may have installed something different. An upside-down-arrow IN FACT could mean that you DO NOT have Adobe Flash installed, so let's make sure.

Again, I know you're frustrated, but I'm sure you can do this. The instructions below seen complicated, but they're not: Have confidence!

It would be helpful if you have a PC or laptop that you can read this from, while you have the Xoom next to you. Please do the following.

From the HOME screen on your Xoom, tap on the lower right corner on the screen (over the battery icon.) Next, when the little box pops up, click on the time and date area. This should expand the box further and hopefully you'll see SETTINGS. Tap on SETTINGS.

Next, scroll down until you see APPS, and tap on that. NOW, within the downloaded section (on the right,) look for "ADOBE FLASH PLAYER" (it should say 11.1). IF YOU DO NOT FIND that, then it is not installed and that is probably your problem.

Next, within SETTINGS again, tap on SECURITY. Look for DEVICE ADMINISTRATION. Tap the little box so that Unknown Sources has a check in it. Note that when you do this, you'll probably get a warning about vulnerability for attacks, but do not worry about this yet. Tap OK. NOW you should be ready to download and install this properly.

To make it easier for you Deniseo, I have put flash in an easy link. ON YOUR XOOM, go into your browser and type this in the address bar: www.lesismore.com/flash111.apk then press GO (or enter.) (Make sure you notice that it says .apk and NOT .app) You should see a message briefly that the download has started. You'll have to wait a short bit for it to download (it's about 4.5 MB). Tap on the lower right corner again, and you should see a message that flash111.apk is downloading (you might see the little down-arrow pulsing while this happens.)

Once it shows DOWNLOAD COMPLETE, tap right there where it says that (right over the words DOWNLOAD COMPLETE.) Now, if everything worked okay, a box should popup that says: Adobe Flash Player 11.1

Now tap INSTALL. Within a few seconds, the app should install. FINALLY, go into your YouTube app (or browser) and try playing a video.

PHEW!!! Let us know what happens.
    Last edited by Lesismore; 10-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    All who have answered.. pizentu, lessismore, rive....i will try all the suggestions that u all gave and let u all know.... i am on the east coast so i am preparing for the hurricane.... tkanks again to all.... by the way yes i did buy new.... partly because i wanted to go to any site that i want which the ipad does not allow....dont know what is ......... rooted .......... .....pizentu.. .maybe others play that video game and know those eyes. i dont play video games....and yes i think u should change to somethng more mainstream........

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hello lessismore.......now i am really frustrated. I checked my apps as you said and i did have flash 11.1 installed......However, i installed it from yur .apk path.....and STILL...it is not playing the excellsfun videos........can u go to the excellsfun website and let me know if u can play the videos. maybe those videos r not made for android...?????? in any case, I definitely have flash installed. i also have something called
    "open flash" that is 1.0 mb.......i must have downloaded at some time..trying to open flash ....What could be possibly wrong? Even before I sent the xoom to update to 4G to Motorola, I was unable to play videos. tku for yur patience......deniseo ....

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    by the way, i dont know what is rooted?...... i bought this xoom brand new.....for too much money.....last may 2011 when it first came ot....

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    lessismore ...i have android 4.0.4.....and unknown sources box is checked...?..

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    rive...i downloaded rockplayer...still not playing excellsfun.....the three dots r at the bottom of my screen..i clicked on it ....stilll no go......as i replied to lessismore...i Have flash 11.1.....any more ideas?...tku.....

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    I like the eyes, Pizentu. Deniseo, if you don't want to see them, do this:

1. Click this link: http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
    2. Scroll down to Thread Display Options and uncheck Show Signatures.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and press Save Changes.
    Pizentu likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads