• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom MZ604 Doesn't turn on, Volume up + power doesn't work anymore.

This is a discussion on Xoom MZ604 Doesn't turn on, Volume up + power doesn't work anymore. within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Hi guys My Xoom doesn't power up. The volume up + power button doesn't work anymore (was working before and for couple weeks that was ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom MZ604 Doesn't turn on, Volume up + power doesn't work anymore.

Hi guys
    My Xoom doesn't power up. The volume up + power button doesn't work anymore (was working before and for couple weeks that was the only way to turn it on). Then it went worst every time and sometimes I needed to try that method couple times. I tried not to let the tablet to turn off because every time it was harder tu it on again. But eventually I haven't connect it to charger on time and I can not power it up again. Tablet is charging (led is white at start then turns green when fully charged). I think it is using power because after even couple hours after charging it's charging again (white led on). I have tried to connect it to my TV via HDMI but there was nothing on the screen. I've tried connect it to PC but nothing happened. I've tried to disconnect the battery for couple hours but without success.
    I don't know what to do next. Sending it to service cost the same as buying refurbished one so I would rather buy another one and keep this one for spare parts if something like broken screen happen. I would buy a broken one if I find it somewhere and try to replace parts. Or buy refurbished and by replacing one part at a time try to find which part is causing the problem and then buy that part.
    Those are my solutions.
    Maybe there is someone here who knows what is going on and how to bring it back to life again?

I'm counting on you guys.
    Thanks and have a nice day

Farral

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same problem

I have updated my Xoom to Omni Rom (Kit Kat). Rom was working well. I even had a recent OTA update. A few weeks after update, I had the tablet on docking station charger. Light was green. Xoom would not turn on. I researched and tried the recommended power button while pushing volume button up. Also tried pushing the volume down while holding power button. No activity.

I plugged the tablet into desktop computer, which would not recognize the tablet.

I plugged the cord directly into the xoom and waited for the green light indicator that it was charged and still nothing.

Any ideas? The cost to send it to Motorola would be more than replacing the tablet.

Remove Ads

Ads