• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google play stops

This is a discussion on Google play stops within the Xoom Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Support Forum category; Running 4.4.4 team eos. Recent upgrades to google play make google play services stop and process.com.google.proceess.gapps stop. Frustrating nag it's every few seconds. Tried rolling ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slow1234

Thread: Google play stops

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Google play stops

Running 4.4.4 team eos. Recent upgrades to google play make google play services stop and process.com.google.proceess.gapps stop. Frustrating nag it's every few seconds. Tried rolling it back but it updated automatically and several APS won't run without latest google play ap running. Tried stopping it but then gmail won't work.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This issue seems to be impacting all Tegra 2 devices (of which the Xoom is one) and is likely due to Google adding Neon code (which Tegra 2 devices do not support) to Google Play Services. I did a one-on-one chat with Google Support and they are not really willing to support folks running rooted custom ROMs (I'm running Omni 4.4.4 on my Xoom). However, it does look like the issue is impacting stock Tegra 2 device owners such as those that own Asus Transformer TF101. HOpefully a bunch of them report the issue.

I think unrooting and returning your Xoom too stock (4.1.2) would resolve the issue, but then you'd be on an older version of Android with older versions of Google Apps. Since my Xoom is my secondary tablet, I'll hold off for a month or so in hopes of a Google solution, as opposed to going back to stock.

The issue is also being discussed over at https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...3#post71120417 and Google Support
    https://productforums.google.com/for...ace=forum/play

Last edited by slow1234; 02-21-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    ggrant3876 likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads